Expert BCM Mgr. #150034
Singapore | Full-time (FT) | Job ID 150034
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
The Global BCM team reports into the wider CRO organization and is part of the Non-Financial Risk Management Resiliency umbrella. The APAC BCM team provides Crisis Management expertise, 2d line of defense expertise, oversight and governance to ensure that business areas have detailed recovery plans so that critical functions are continued following any major interruption including defined Impact Types: Loss of Premises. Loss of IT, Loss of Staff and 3d Party Providers as well as a global impact of Infectious Disease.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The team partners closely with business areas in key focus areas such as: Planning and Preparation; Risk Identification and Mitigation; Testing and Training; and Incident and Crisis Management
The BCM Readiness Head is responsible for the oversight and leadership of the DR test program across Asia. The Readiness Head also provides dotted-line supervision to the Readiness team based in India (2 staff). The Head reports to the APAC Regional BCM Head.
- Seek to drive the BCM Readiness program forward, ensuring testing meets all regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Continually improve and adapt the program, including testing methodologies, in line with risk landscape, business changes and good practices. This includes objectives, requirements, deliverables and implementation.
- Act as BCM specialist (SME) in understanding risks, identifying gaps, providing mitigation solutions and developing testing scenarios and plans in order to execute the program.
- Produce test reports and analysis for both internal and external audiences.
- Define and develop test schedules, test requirements and deliverables, scope, engagement and reporting model for the execution of DR tests across Asia.
- Provide review and analysis of DR solutions in place; provide recommendations and guidance where gaps or risks identified.
- Ensure comprehensive issue management process is in place, including identification, reporting and “read-across” of identified themes.
- Maintain high level of data quality, documentation and reporting.
- Develop, conduct and co-ordinate highly participative BCM training and awareness programs; continually improve engagement across IT and business areas.
- In the event of a crisis event/business disruption assist the BCM team in crisis response and coordination; maintain IT Crisis Management Team Plan in conjunction with CIO. Provide liaison and coordination with IT teams during IT outages / disruptions.
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- High caliber self-starter, ability to lead and drive initiatives from concept to execution
- Outstanding relationship management and client focus skills; strong written, interpersonal and presentation skills, data aggregation, analytical and good problem solving skills
- Proficiency of testing methodologies and best-practices. Ability to provide recommendations / proposals to resolve challenges/issues.
- Experienced & efficient team leader; ability to drive action in other teams remotely; self and team-motivating with the ability to prioritize workload
- Collaborator: Ensure good team collaboration and communication across Readiness, P&A and BCM Country Manager streams within BCM; work on multiple levels across regions and CS departments
- Knowledge/experience of BCM professional practices is an advantage
Equal Opportunity Statement
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Embracing diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success