Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 56,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping young people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
About the job
As a Visual Designer you will participate in customer engagements and create UX and creative transformation deliverables on internal and external projects. Your role focuses on design-oriented work: translating user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities from concept to delivery with exceptional attention to detail.
Day-to-day you will:
- Coordinate with product management, design team and engineering to define and implement innovative design solutions that align with business direction and improvements in user experience
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Illustrate all design ideas from concept to engineering hand-off.
- Build wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, sitemaps and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Engage users/clients in the design process and evaluate user feedback.
- Seek to establish and promote design guidelines, principles, best practices and standards.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Experience in creating prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Ability to communicate your designs and key breakthrough deliverables to peers and business partners.
- Ability to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experienced working in an Agile/Scrum development process environment is a plus.
- Experienced in both creative agency and an enterprise environment is a plus.
- Selected candidate must present a sample portfolio during the interview.
Preferred Education Background:
- You likely possess a bachelor’s degree in Design, Graphic Design, or similar degree. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- At least 3 - 6 years of related experience.