Citi is more than a global financial services company. It’s an engine for progress. Join us, and you’ll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.
We’ve built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
The Trade Structuring Sr Specialist is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
We have 2 vacancies for this role to support the North Asia & South Asia markets.
- Credit Structuring skills and risk assessment experience within the Trade Finance, Commodities, Asset Distribution, EAF Pillars and Global Deal Review processes. Product knowledge of Trade Product set and the critical essential conditions as outlined in the Global Product Programs and Risk Acceptance Criteria
- Understanding product requirements i.e. PAP, operational processes, credit requirements, Treasury costing mechanisms
- Internal alignment with country or regional / product / sale counterparts for execution structured Trade Products
- Ensure governance over sub portfolio, country or sector designated positions to ensure related economics make sense and returns meet hurdles
- Communicate effectively with clients, Credit Agencies and investors to facilitate complex and structured Trade transactions that have multiple credit attributes and \or multiple parties to the transaction
- Conduct market reads for specific deals and markets where necessary
- Maintain the execution of Trades "originate-to-distribute model" and maintain liquidity in the Trade Portfolio
- Coordinate oversight of the overall operations process to ensure proper execution and minimize operational issues and inefficiencies
- Coordinate with legal and risk to update and incorporate changes to Program legal documentation for Client Agreements, Agency and as applicable investors agreements. (i.e. Distribution Finance Program Loan Documents, First Loss Amendments, True Sale Loan Sale Agreements, Collateral Agreements, Perfection and Cash Dominion clauses and processes, Credit Insurance and Protection Agreements, Recourse Level conditions, Export Credit Agency Agreements, Master Participation Agreements, BAFT, Master Trust Agreements, Equitable Assignment, Transfer Certificates, LMA standard documentation, Non-disclosure Agreements etc.)
- Execute against the Global Product Programs and the Local Country Addenda in country where these structured and complex Trade transactions are occurring
- Responsibility as one if the members and contributors as the first line of defense from an operational and credit risk management perspective
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Credit Risk and Trade Product experience
- Capital Markets Credit Risk Structuring or Credit Risk Management Experience
- Tertiary level education required
- Given the markets coverage, language proficiency in either Bahasa Indonesia or Mandarin will be preferred
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred