Citi is more than a global financial services company. It’s an engine for progress. Join us, and you’ll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.
We’ve built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
The Business Unit Administration Manager is responsible for the overall administrative activities of a business. These tasks may include managing external audits, business continuity activities or addressing regulatory reporting and issues. The Business Unit Administration Manager may coordinate and manage activities such as the processing and tracking of business financials, employee headcount and other administrative needs and ad hoc projects as necessary Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies.
- Drive administrative, operational, reporting and quality improvements through partnership with internal teams.
- Manage financial control by applying a comprehensive understanding of the department Profit & Loss (P&L), including appropriate accruals, client allocations, the impact of capitalization, recovery and fixed price contracts in order to improve operational efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for all cross product technology, regulatory and administrative duties in conjunction with the team, including financial, staffing, quality, risk and regulatory matters.
- Execute vendor management activities, including ensuring legal requirements are met and coordinating contract negotiation and processing.
- Provide oversight of the Business Critical Milestone Reporting process and other reporting processes to ensure quality, efficiency and accuracy
- Ensure headcount is accurate, real estate is inventoried and planned, and onboarding and termination of resources are managed.
- Work with Technology leadership to support the Business as well as the Communication of such strategy for the department, driving the feedback loop. Serve as local interface between business and Technology to troubleshoot solutions for team.
- Financial and Legal Vehicle Corporate Reporting support: bank account cash management; regulatory reporting (MAS, IRAS); invoice payments and purchase orders; account owner attestations; nostro clearing; quarterly accrual / release of bundled fees; periodic trial balance review; GST reconciliation; finance queries; supporting delivery and responding to external audit queries.
- Provide support to Regional Trust Head in metric analysis and reporting, pipeline management, client tagging, revenue tracking, monthly business letter
- Provide administrative support to the Trust Center Head and the Regional Trust Head. Act as Department and Trust Company Administrator for the Business and Senior management support.
- Responding to requests from internal trust team and other stakeholders on execution of transactions or provision of information and clarification.
- Responding to requests from internal trust team and other stakeholders on execution of transactions or provision of information and clarification
- Recognise and analyse complex accounting issues, apply general legal and accounting principles to such issues and make informed decisions on how to proceed. These decisions are critical and usually affect transactions or customers and may result in profit or loss to the company and affect the perception of clients.
- Responding to requests from accounting and control departments for information and clarification about accounts or related administrative issues.
- Identifying and highlighting issues or problems that could pose a risk to the corporation of financial loss or damage to the corporation’s reputation and franchise.
- Take on ad hoc internal projects above and beyond the routine operational work.
- Prepare and conduct relevant training sessions on system or operational developments to internal trust and Citi Private Bank stakeholders.
- This role will be part of the Citi Private Bank Cititrust International team
- Excellent in-house training within the Trust centres and the Private Bank
- Senior Position Level: Vice President (Officer)
- Global exposure with Cititrust International; dealing with clients and Private Bankers all over the Citi worldwide network
- Increased stakeholder interaction in relevant region
- Experience in Banking, Legal, Trust and Commercial related areas
- Extensive knowledge of project management and business administrative practice
- Some Trust Law knowledge an advantage
- Superior tech and system skills
- Easily reads understands and analyses system data. Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action of usual transactions, occurrences and events in accordance with general legal and administrative requirements
- Ability to identify and anticipate risks occurring in the day to day administration
- Ability to communicate verbal and written English in a concise and coherent manner with stakeholders, attorneys, clients and RMs etc. Addressing or conveying issues, challenges, opportunities arising in the ordinary course of business
- Ability to communicate effectively and present issues and possible solutions to the management and leadership teams, team colleagues to evoke appropriate response
- Ability to interact, cooperate and work through issues with team members locally and globally, RMs and CPB stakeholders.
- 10+ years of experience in global and complex settings with multiple stakeholders
- Management experience, preferably in a financial services role
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and technology
- Demonstrated ability to influence a team
- Proven ability to work in high-pressure environments
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
- Analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills and an eye for details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Results-oriented, able to organize and prioritize work
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Able to easily adjust to changes in the work environment
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks / priorities
Citi Return To Work Programme Welcomes You If You Have:
- Taken a career break of 6 months or more*
- A degree or higher educational qualifications
- Relevant working experience
- Those currently working are also welcomed to apply
**When you are being redirected to Citibank career site, please make sure to choose “Halfthesky” under “Job Boards” when you fill in “How Did You Hear About Us?*” field, so we can follow up on your application directly with the Recruiter who’s responsible for the role.