At Jacobs, our Power Solutions team is geared towards providing a more integrated approach offering end-to-end service to support our clients in energy networks, thermal generation, renewable generation and storage solutions space. We are helping our clients meet the challenges faced in countries and cities across the globe, providing innovative solutions from replacing conventional thermal power plants with renewable energy to developing demand side management strategies.
We are looking for a Transmission Lines Engineer. The primary role would require you to undertake technical and non-technical activities in the planning, design and construction of overhead Transmission Lines. You will support project delivery and business growth in the Transmission Lines practice area. Manages Transmission Line project deliverables, scope and schedule within a multi-discipline design project. You will support Jacobs’ virtual teaming strategy including work-sharing and mobility across the business, follow Jacobs’ quality assurance and technical review procedures. The Transmission Lines Engineer will also be responsible for leading preparation of proposals (bids) for design work, providing estimates for Transmission Line project components and coordinating inputs from other disciplines.
You will prepare conceptual designs for Transmission Line works including relevant supporting design reports, prepare detailed design drawings, reports, specifications, bills of materials and other documentation for Transmission Line works, inject constructability considerations to positively influence design outcomes, review contractor design documentation and project implementation schedules and procedures and prepare and review capital cost estimates
Here's What You'll Need:
The Transmission Lines Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical /Mechanical /Structural)
- Formal post-graduate or industry technical training in Transmission Line design will be well-regarded.
- Has a sound understanding of technical fundamentals in the relevant Transmission Lines discipline (electrical, mechanical or structural) and is able to solve engineering problems from first principles for overhead lines up to EHV level (330 kV and above)
- Has an in-depth understanding of Transmission Line standards for example, ASCE, BS EN, IEC
- Can use PLS CADD and PLS CADD/LITE with basic instructions from Senior engineers
- Can troubleshoot his/her own modelling by using alternate line engineering techniques.
Jacobs. A world where you can.