• Responsible for execution of contracts and vessel operational matters, especially containerized shipments
• Ensure shipments are carried out in accordance with contractual terms and manage/execute documentation accordingly
• Issue, monitor and manage shipping instructions, vessel nominations and related matters
• Monitor and ensure smooth execution of all matters related to letter of credit and insurance documentation
• Calculate and monitor demurrage, claims and other charges as per contract and C/P to avoid /minimize demurrage and/or settle payment with owners/shippers/receivers.
• Manage customer/supplier payment terms to ensure timely collection and payment in compliance with contractual terms/conditions. Resolve any payment issues in collaboration with treasury, accounting and merchants.
• Maintain frequent customer contact with internal and external customers / counterparts
• Monitor and manage customer relationships via database spreadsheets, benchmarking
• Liaise with banks and TSF for any LC negotiation, confirming or discounting of documents
• Liaise with regulatory bodies, port authorities, tax and custom offices etc.
• Monitor, review and execute TSF structure, documentation to ensure smooth execution.
• Manage optimal cargo loading in accordance with vessels chartered and apply tolerance to optimize contractual allocation and loading.
• Liaise with traders on open positions, vessels’ loading and other issues pertaining to trading risks.
• Responsible for appointment of surveyors and shipping agents
• Support and assist where required in other functions i.e. TSF, Accounting and trading teams.
• Diploma or University Degree holder
• 2 – 3 yrs of relevant work experience.
• Good understanding of commodity trading
• Keen eye for details and meticulous
• Team player with good inter-personal skills
• Good analytical and decision making skills
• Good PC skills
• Knowledge of Excel and Words
• Ability to operate across different geographies
• Initiative and independent thinking expected in dealing with day to day operational issues;
• Ability to anticipate potential issues;
• Innovative solution management
• Be nimble and able to quickly adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
• Work closely with Trade Execution Managers and Traders in solving problems
• References available from Incoterms 2010, PORAM/FOSFA/NIOP trade rules, UCP 600, charter party documentation, contracts Preferred Qualifications • Knowledge in proper documentation and recording