Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Support designing High Tech facilities across the globe and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As a Telecom Specialist on the Advanced Facilities team, you will have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities. Working with other members of our full multi-discipline team, you’ll deliver world class designs for industry leading clients around the world.
Our Telecom Specialists design telecommunication cabling infrastructures based upon client design criteria, national and international codes, TIA/EIA industry standards and BICSI’s Telecom Distribution Methods Manual. They are responsible for designing the following elements and systems: Backbone Distribution, Horizontal Distribution, Pathways, Voice/Data Cabling and Connecting Hardware, Outside Plant, and Telecommunication Spaces. Our specialists are leaders in their discipline and are responsible for direct communication and collaboration with all other disciplines as well as owners, trade partners, vendors and will coordinate with and direct production resources for creation of 2D and 3D deliverables.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
- Uses computer-aided design and markup software tools.
- Gathers information, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepares original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal
- Coordinates design criteria with engineering, tooling, material, and planning group in accordance with contractual specifications
- Act as primary discipline contact for the design of Telecom systems project scope for client facilities.
- Coordinate with and direct technical sub-consultants.
- Coordinate with and direct additional BIM support staff.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum 4 years in building telecom system design.
- Proven leadership skills leading projects and teams.
- Working knowledge of NEC and communications industry standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience in design of telecom systems for complex facilities.
- 3-5 years’ experience in design of communications systems within SCIF facilities.
- Ability to read and create Telecom plan view drawings, one-line/riser diagrams, rack layout, raceway and cabling, and rack elevation drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret the following documents: BICSI TDMM, National Electrical Code (NEC), Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC).
- Familiar and comfortable using Revit design software.
- Familiar and comfortable writing and editing technical specifications.
- Understands cleanrooms, can coordinate with other disciplines
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too –from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.