At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
There is no better place to grow your career at IBM Security!
We are collectively committed to develop and deliver the market’s most innovative, effective security solutions and services to protect the world. We are helping clients to apply zero trust to security everywhere to do business to protect their most valuable assets and proactively manage threats to thrive in the face of cyber uncertainty.
Looks no further, it’s time to join forward-thinking team at IBM Security if you want to learn from industry security gurus and contribute to one of the most advanced and integrated portfolios of enterprise security products to enable clients to
- Align their security strategy to their business.
- Protect their digital landscape of users, assets and data.
- Manage the continuous onslaught of threats through the prevent-detect-investigate-respond lifecycle.
- Modernize their security program with an open platform architecture.
We’re looking for a new-school technical writer to join IBM Security development team located at Singapore who wants to learn about technology, use it, explain it and then teach others through written and video technical content. You will be publishing product documentation, configuration and deployment guides, technical articles and blogs to enable IT administrators, business and application owners, users to have a positive experience using capabilities provided by IBM Security Verify products.
You will be working closely with members from Product Management, User Experience Design and Development team to understand product new features and enhancements and to produce documentation that easy to understand and follow.
- Gain understanding of documentation requirements through collaboration with product manager, UX designer, development team and other key stakeholders.
- Synthesize information from various resources, draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others, and provide comprehensive and coherent content.
- Design, develop, edit, and produce accurate and effective technical documentation.
- Propose organizational changes to the documentation set.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in writing technical documentation for Cloud and/or Enterprise products.
- Practical experience in topic-based writing and produce use case-based content.
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation for global audience.
- Experience collaborating effectively across remote teams and time zones, and collaborating with Senior Technical Leaders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment and to support tight timelines.
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle.
- Experience using content management system and documentation tools such as IBM IDCMS, Oxygen XML Author, ReadMe.io, etc
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Knowledge or experience of IBM Security Verify or similar Identity and Access Management products and technology
- Knowledge or experience in Cloud and security architecture, principles, interfaces, and protocols
- Micro-services based modern software development knowledge and understanding of DevOps environments and operational procedures
- Experience using software development tools such JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, etc.
- Familiarity with human-readable data formats such as JSON and YAML