Who We Are?
The Workforce Experience (WFX) organization’s vision is to create a world renowned and engaging workplace experience, leading with human-centered design, that enables people to do their best work. We are passionate about our employees, and we are driven to create a productive environment where we all can be ourselves and bring our whole self to work! Our Employees are our customers. We are transforming how Cisco designs and delivers the employee experience based on a culture that values a mindset of customer service, speed & agility in all we do, and are kind to each other. This role sits in the Workforce Collaboration Team focused on enabling the future of work with Cisco Collaboration portfolio and integrations. We are looking for top talent that will help drive excellence and be part of an exciting transformation. Come join us and be part of our amazing team!
What You’ll Do
Cisco is leading its way to define hybrid working for the world and going through transformation and to support that initiative, Workforce Collaboration at Cisco is going through its own major transformation. We are designing and defining an integrated experiences to enable the best of collaboration experiences and deliver that as a solution to lead the Cisco’s vision of Hybrid working with Cisco Webex and other cisco portfolio. Cisco Collaboration Services and Webex Capabilities are Key to Cisco's future success, making this a very exciting time to join our Workforce Collaboration team. We are looking for a Technical Systems Engineer to be part of our Workforce Collaboration Team. As a Technical Systems Engineer you will participate in diverse and challenging engagements in support of our Cisco employees globally. The job responsibilities will primarily focus on engineering support of the hybrid technology bundles provided to Cisco employees that enable an enterprise experience of working while working remote. This will require support coverage that will expand globally and will require some weekend oncall coverage. There will be some opportunities in assisting with new product introductions, assist deployment of various collaboration technologies, and SUPPORT of both networking and collaboration technologies both onsite and cloud platform environments.
Who You'll Work With?
You will work with within our amazing Workplace Deployment and Operations team as part of Workplace Collaboration organization at Cisco. We are Innovators, we drive innovation to propel employee business transformation while maintaining operational quality. We are Accelerators, we accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency gains for enterprise growth and success. We are Transformers, as Workforce Collaboration, we transform the employee experience by being our own customer first with agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes for our employees.
Who You Are?
We're seeking a hardworking, experienced, and self-motivated IT professional who has a real passion for technology. You feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and you can influence within and outside the organization.
- Must be a team player and work well in small and large global group environments.
- Must be highly driven and motivated with high level of initiative.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter and active learner
- Must be able to work primarily remotely or in the office when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Exposure handling critical issues for all level of workers (Executive, High Touch, etc…)
- Must have excellent customer facing skills, problem solving, troubleshooting skills, and documentation skills
- Troubleshoot video and voice application-related issues to resolution.
- Provide knowledge transfer and detailed design/operational documentation to clients.
- Provide quality assurance documentation review and peer review on projects.
- Strong skills in UC / Collaboration and solid router/switch expertise
- Familiar with troubleshooting wireless, cellular networking, routing, switching, network security technologies (Meraki, Cisco equipment a plus)
- Experience in support of enterprise level video device support (Webex experience a plus)
- Virtual Meeting platform support experience (Webex a plus)
- Understanding of and/or certified in Agile delivery methodologies.
- Comfortable working in agile organization & teams, leveraging Kanban or scrum boards.
- Knowledge of JIRA Cloud, JIRA Align, AHA
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
Please apply via https://jobs.cisco.com/jobs/ProjectDetail/Technical-Systems-Engineer/1362836
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.