As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities :
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring.
We are currently recruiting a Technical Solution Architect for a full time role, based in Perth.
This position involves analysing IT requirements for customer’s projects and designing of appropriate architecture so that the solutions are implemented in accordance with the client’s requirements and IBM standards. Whilst, the position requires primarily architectural work (dealing with all components of an IT environment: server, network, security, storage, systems management, integration, backup and recovery), it is expected that the Solution Architect also understands these technologies at a deeper level.
The position will be required to work with other technology architects, IT specialists, application developers and operations staff to ensure an appropriate solution is designed. The Solution Architect will be able to understand and balance requirements from diverse sources in complex environments and translate these into robust solution and infrastructure designs.
This role designs applications required to automate business processes and meet business needs. The resulting design may run on multiple platforms and may be composed of multiple software packages and custom components. This role defines best practices in the critical evaluation and selection and / or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods, development processes, best practices and tools. Solution Architects are responsible for applications-related quality, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity. They are also responsible for the functional interface to applications and for ensuring application usability.
As a Technical Solutions Architect your responsibilities include:
- Working with business sponsors to understand business strategies and objectives
- Develop technical objectives and requirements to achieve business goals
- Develop high-level and detailed-level technical architecture for solutions, leveraging leading frameworks, approaches, and languages
- Develop high-level and detailed-level integration patterns
- Work with data architects to develop data solutions
- Lead solution design and oversee testing efforts
Professional knowledge related to Energy and Utilities Industry function/business unit and its processes.
Communicate and provide advice to other professionals, effectively utilize group dynamics. Negotiate to define approaches and goals. Lead or join development team in projects to deliver proposed system for client’s business requirements. Communicate and negotiate effectively with client product owner and client solution architects to achieve the optimal outcome for the client.
Design solutions in an integrated complex and heterogeneous environments. Complete project life cycle on integration projects: analysis, design, implementation, testing, support in product development and/or service projects. Define integration architecture, make and communicate architecture decisions. Communicate customer requirements. Validate project plan and estimates. Develop high level design, detailed design, API design and prototypes. Prototyping key/most difficult concepts to reduce risk. Perform technical and development QA. Support presales process.
Recognize complex problems related to functional objectives. Analyze situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes. Creativity and judgment applied to developmental work on different projects within the business environment. Design application architecture and outline component model specification for team member to implement. Provide industry insights in requirement elicitation. Respond quickly to POC activities for early assessment of solution feasibility and risks of architecture design. The applicant should be technology Evangelist in application architecture and programming. Balance priorities to ensure client gets maximum value.
Provides ongoing technical /operational guidance to lead professional work teams, conducts special projects, or manages cluster of technical practitioners. Understand department/ functional mission and vision. Defines and decides objectives within specified business concept or project and may have responsibility for tools and assigned resources. Utilizes technical expertise to directly influence people outside of the direct project to get the best outcome or just get things done. Innovative solutions may be required where, sometimes no precedent exists.
To ensure success in the role you will possess the following skills –
- At least 6 years’ experience in technical leadership of large complex technical projects
- At least 5 years’ experience in delivering Complex Integration architecture and patterns
- At least 3 years’ experience in applied knowledge of some integration frameworks (e.g.: Spring Integration, IBM IIB, Camel, Kafka, webMethods etc.)
- At least 3 years in Java technologies (J2EE, Spring / Node, JS Angular, API Design)
- At least 3 years’ experience in Agile methodology managing multi-vendor and complex systems integration projects, working in a distributed team environment, managing offshore teams with demonstrable outcome
- At least 3 years’ experience working in System Integrations with third party products and COTS (commercial-of-the-shelf) customised ERP and EAM Platforms and legacy systems using Web Services or file based message exchange.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with Field Mobility Scheduling solutions, including mDrover.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Distribution and Transmission Assets, asset hierarchy, lifecycle management, concept of asset management and equipment registers.
Applicants will be required to hold Australian PR or Citizenship.