Discover the Unexpected
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped businesses grow, consumers and small businesses gain access to financial services, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 18k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
To do this we employ the greatest and brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. Experian Asia Pacific's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, equity, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on. We’re committed to fostering a strong sense of belonging and a place where you can bring your true self to work.
We’re an award winning organisation due to our strong people first focus. This includes Top Employer™ and Great Place To Work™ accreditations.
Learn more at www.experianplc.com
We are looking for a Technical Consultant to join Experian’s Decision Analytics business. The Technical Consultant plays a key role in implementing solutions that deliver business benefits for our customers. This includes new prospects and new requests from existing customers, supporting requests and actively participating in the pre-sales and delivery phases of complex projects.
Ideally, once you have gained experience in the Experian product, the expectation is you will grow to be confident in presenting our solutions as well as leading technical workshops.
Experian Decision Analytics helps client achieve and sustain significant growth. We do this by enabling clients to make analytics-based customer decisions that support their strategic goals. As experts in uniting business understanding with consumer and business information, analytics and strategy execution, we empower clients to optimise customer value and actively manage it over time. This role therefore has clear accountability for creating measurable value within our client organisations.
What you’ll need to bring to the party
- Strong presentation skills (workshop, demonstrations, training)
- Advanced communication skills both written and oral
- Strong problem solving and investigation skills
- A teamwork focus, with a flexible, analytical and logical thinking approach
- Ability to build and maintain solid long-term relationships
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in Collections business workshops and requirements definition with Product Consultants through to sign off
- Lead and facilitate technical Workshops and requirements definition through to sign off
- Design of solution architecture and integration specifications in line with industry standards
- Development of interfaces and bespoke modules
- Provide technical advice and support
- Configure and install the Experian PowerCurve platform into our client and hosted environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Creation of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Assist Project Managers on assessing, planning and organising project workload to meet project commitments within agreed timelines.
- Accountable for the quality of the project deliverables
- Train, mentor or shadow members of the delivery time as required
- Assist pre-sales with client facing technical presentations and workshops
More about you
Desirable Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of two programming/scripting languages and recent experience with at least one, among Java, Groovy, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux (RHEL, CentOS) & Virtualisation
- Database: Oracle and/or SQL server
- Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, WildFly
- Networking: Firewalls, WAF, SSL, ALB’s NLB’s
- Cloud: AWS / Azure / GCP
- Web Services (SOAP and REST), REST/XML/JSON/JWT
- Web technologies – HTML, CSS, JS, AJAX, Wicket
- Concepts of continuous integration, automated testing and other automation framework (Ansible, Jenkins)
- Experience in Technical development, solution architecture and infrastructure definition
- Able to understand complex data flows through enterprise-grade solutions
- Able to manage multiple, simultaneous implementations
- Deep understanding of systems, processes, applications and technology and security
The Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of Experian's Data and the Data our clients have entrusted to Experian is of critical importance. Security will be an integral part of every position at Experian and will be considered in all aspects of your employment. Your responsibility for maintaining and supporting security, is implicit in your role and daily duties at Experian.
It is your responsibility to take necessary due care to properly maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of corporate information and protect it from unauthorized disclosure, modification, or destruction and never knowingly to put Experian’s information or information processes at unnecessary risk
Culture at Experian
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours.
Experian Asia Pacific's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, development, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on.
We’re an award winning organisation due to our strong people focus.
Experian Asia Pacific isn't just growing, we're leveraging cutting edge data science, inclusion and start-up mindsets to build tomorrow's credit solutions. Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and culture.