What you will do
This role will be part of a dynamic global team with full responsibility to provide IT Solutioning in order to support the growth of our Service Operation and Business in Asia.
You will work with our business and IT stakeholders to conceive and design Service technology solutions and support the mapping of requirements to ensure alignment with our enterprise and Service roadmap, delivering the best technical architecture to fulfill our business and customer needs.
The Technical Architect for Service IT is accountable for designing solutions (e.g. ServiceMax, Salesforce Service Cloud, Oracle Field Service/Service Cloud) that enable the Service Operations of the Johnson Controls Asia Pacific business across various lines of business including:
- HVAC and Controls: air systems, chillers, and building automation
- Fire Protection: fire detection, protection, suppression, and alarm monitoring
- Security Solutions: intrusion detection, access control, video surveillance, and alarm monitoring.
- Industrial Refrigeration
How you will do:
- Plan, define, and develop high-level designs for Service solutions (e.g., ServiceMax, Salesforce Service Cloud, Oracle Field Service/Service Cloud)
- Engage with technical and business stakeholders to understand the needs of Service Operation, and define platform specific requirements
- Set and enforce solution standards as part of the application roadmap development
- Create environment refresh strategy
- Consult with domain architects on domain specific standards (e.g., ServiceMax, Salesforce) as needed
- Analyze technical architectural impacts and provide potential trade-offs
- Identify and design technological infrastructures that will host the new business functionality
- Support Solution Delivery Leads and other Architects in developing solution roadmaps, including effectively evaluating build/rent/buy decisions
- Provide delivery teams with the conceptual designs for new Service applications to ensure that architectural standards are applied to solution build, or products within a Service solution
- Design interactions between specific components within a solution. Design system architecture aligned to solution and enterprise architecture standards
- Keep support needs in mind when designing system architecture
- Participate in Solution Demo, PI Planning, Architecture Sync, Inspect and Adapt Events
- Define limitations and requirements within a solution
- Work with domain specific Infrastructure Architects to ensure all systems integrate into the solution’s technology stack
- Work with vendors and suppliers to evaluate options for solutions and services ensuring external requirements and features are incorporated into solution designs
- Manage the working relationship with delivery team and suppliers (e.g. Salesforce, ServiceMax, Oracle)
- Provide delivery teams with the conceptual designs for new solutions to ensure that architectural standards are applied to solution build
- Communicate the solution context and intent and align development stakeholders on the technical direction
- Run architecture review board
Solution Build & Quality Governance
- Execute the solution development phases based on architecture impacts and development priorities set by Delivery Leads
- Provide technical insight to Solution Delivery teams to ensure that architectural standards are applied to solution build.
- Manage and maintain overall Technical architecture, scalability, and integrity
- Set and enforce standards as part of the solution roadmap development
- Conduct code reviews and review the release manifest
- Provide oversight and foster Built-In Quality and Team and Technical Agility
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business management field, or equivalent combination of education, training & experience
- 5 years of hands-on experience working with Service Experience technologies (e.g. ServiceMax, Salesforce Service Cloud, Oracle Field Service, Oracle Service Cloud, etc) and a thorough understanding of industry trends, vendors, frameworks and practices.
- Certified ServiceMax System or Application Architect or equivalent in other enterprise Service Applications like Salesforce Service Cloud or Oracle Field Service/Service Cloud.
- Strong technical skills in defining and delivering enterprise applications on platforms like ServiceMax, Salesforce, Oracle Services Cloud, or other equivalent applications in Field Service Industry
- Understanding of agile delivery principles and quality software engineering processes and practice
- Understanding of cloud concepts including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and iPaaS
- Experience with the design and development of object-oriented systems, developing solutions, and integrating platforms using enterprise integration software e.g., Mulesoft.
- Exceptional leadership skills to achieve outcomes in a heavily matrixed management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, across all levels and environments
- Excellent oral and written English
- Experience in partner engagement with an onshore/offshore delivery model
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical team as well as business audience
- Strong experience and knowledge in the following business process areas: Service (including Field Service), Service Quote, Service Execution, Service Contract, Service Analysis Reports, General Data Management
- Industry experience in Field Service is desirable