The Marketing BU has grown rapidly over the last 5 years and has ambitions for further significant growth over the next five-year period as part of its contribution to the Group’s Burning Ambition. Group Tax will play an important part in supporting the Marketing BU on the delivery of this ambition.
Group Tax is also rolling out a new Tax Operating Model (ToM) which has a clear focus on the use of technology, process and data, developing flexible and empowered employees with a clear focus on value adding strategic priorities and proactive tax authority engagement.
The Tax Specialist supports the Regional Tax Manager based in Singapore to help drive forward the Group Tax vision of driving a world class, dynamic, flexible and empowered global tax team contributing to commercial success and delivering sustainable value.
• Manage the regional tax compliance and reporting process, together with external co-source advisors to ensure efficiency and accuracy
• Raise awareness of local tax issues and effectively communicate tax issues to management
• Manage the analysis of new tax laws and the provision of advice on their application to Anglo American
• Manage a program of innovation and simplification – ensuring that all low value routine work is automated or outsourced
• Implementation of tax risk mitigation strategies within Marketing and the wider Anglo business
• Build relationships with the local and regional tax authorities
• Provide appropriate tax support to the business plans and activities to ensure enhanced value to the Anglo Group
• Manage engagement with relevant stakeholders in Asia Pacfic and the UK – including BU personnel, finance, co-source providers and other advisors, other members of Group tax and tax authorities, in order to protect and enhance value
Health, Safety & Environment:
• Demonstrate behaviour in line with health, safety and environmental standards and with the Group’s values
• Adhere to the health, safety and environmental expectations of your team ensuring your behaviour meets the required standards
• Participate in relevant safety audits, inspections and observations, and address any issues
People / Team:
• Demonstrate behaviour in line with the Group’s values, standards and a professional workplace
• Develop your performance in line with the Group’s policies and systems (e.g. performance management) in order to achieve business goals. As part of this:
o Within the direction set by your leader, develop a clear and aligned plan;
o Foster a constructive and productive working environment;
o Drive delivery of objectives and being accountable for your work.
o Participate as an effective team member in working collaboratively with your leader, peers and relevant others (including from other teams) to achieve business goals
• Contribute to the development of the budget
• Monitor your costs against budget and either address, or advise your manager of, any variances of note
• Identify any opportunities for improved cost management and either address these, or raise them with your manager, as appropriate
• Fully understand the policies, processes and systems which apply to your work and assist the team to identify areas to manage more efficiently
• Identify any issues around these that interfere with your ability to complete work or meet the plan / strategy. For processes within your authority, make the required changes. For others, escalate these issues to seek action and / or look for alternative solutions