Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
You will be working in the Singapore Tax Reporting team as a member of the APAC team.
Our main role is to support the APAC entities of the bank in meeting its Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and Qualified Derivative Dealer (QDD) reporting obligations. In addition, the team is also responsible for:
- Financial Transaction Taxes (FTT) – Swiss Stamp Duties, Thai VAT, French & Italian FTT etc.
- US Taxes – Qualified Intermediary / 871(m) – Ensuring we have reported correct amounts of taxes from clients and produce accurate 1099, 1042-S and 1042 US tax reporting to the IRS
- Responsible for producing year-end FATCA reporting and Reporting Standards (CRS) reporting
- Work closely with Operational Tax Advisory (OTA), Tax Compliance, Client & Financial data teams to ensure reporting is done in a complete and accurate manner
- Support/Cover PB Reporting process as required
- Participate in projects that may have a tax reporting impact
- Maintain operational procedures and ensure adherence to control standards
- Answer queries from business partners, New Business reps, custodians and other control functions
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Outstanding numeric and data skills with ability to multitask and balance priorities.
- 2-3 years of experience in Investment Banking/Global Markets and/or Private Banking.
- Experience with FATCA/AEI reporting for at least 2 years.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels, along with being a collaborator and the ability to work independently under pressure
- High level of attention to detail along with problem solving, analytical and reconciliation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with outstanding Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Passionate about the role, and have ability to challenge and build positive relationships.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.