At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking highly motivated individuals with roughly 2-6 years of procurement experience to join our IBM Procurement Services (IPS) team of procurement consulting professionals. IPS provides procurement services to IBM’s external clients across all industry segments.
Specifically, we are seeking to fill the role of a Tactical Sourcing buyer to support our clients’ procurement and strategic sourcing requirements in indirect spend categories such as: Facilities, MRO, Real Estate, Corporate & Professional Services, Information Technology, and Logistics.
- Managing multiple competitive bid events for client(s) (i.e., Request for Proposal, Request for Quote, Request for Information, Reverse Auctions, etc.) within assigned spend categories
- Analyzing client’s historical spend data in one or more categories to: identify sourcing opportunities, support category strategy development, and measure compliance with supplier agreements
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships across all levels of the client’s business, procurement, and legal organizations
- Negotiating commercial terms and facilitating contracting processes with the client’s suppliers
- Analyzing and documenting cost savings versus historical spend to ensure IBM meets or exceeds contractual savings commitments to our client(s)
- Identifying opportunities to transform the client’s procurement organization and policies, and to support the client in achieving its strategic business objectives
- Supporting Global Category Leaders and Category Managers with development of category strategies and developing sourcing project strategies
- Collaborating with IPS Procurement Consultants supporting our other clients to share and leverage useful templates, strategies, lessons learned, and case studies
Skills & Expertise:
- Client Relationship Management: Ability to build rapport with clients and maintain professionalism in communications with all levels of client stakeholders. Delivery of high quality analyses and presentations on time and with the level of quality the client expects.
- Data Analysis: Ability to utilize procurement and financial data to understand spending trends within a business, and to leverage that information to identify procurement insights that result in process efficiencies or cost savings for the client.
- Strategic Thinking: Understanding of the importance of “big picture” thinking and planning. Ability to apply business acumen to focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Understanding the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Dealing with Disorder: Knowledge of tactics and ability to function effectively in the face of volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity.
- Microsoft Office: Strong knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office suite. Ability to efficiently and accurately analyze procurement data using Microsoft Excel, and to build client-ready presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of Procurement methods, technologies and processes. Ability to analyze and improve a client’s procurement organization.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or other applicable field.
- Fresh graduate – 3 years in direct and indirect Procurement
- Strong keenness in pursuing a career in procurement, having knowledge in procurement process, transaction process and financial delivery
- Prefer previous experience in a client facing / consultative role.
- Experience and working knowledge in key functional processes, and awareness of business activities
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively and to exchange information, ideas and concepts
- Strong problem solving abilities: using advanced technical knowledge to perform and apply new technical procedures to the business processes, recommending improvements to existing technical procedures based on understanding of new technologies
- Ability to work individually and as a team member (may set work priorities within well established procedures and objectives or provide coordination of activities)
- Proficiency in English.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Having knowledge in SAP Ariba is an added advantage.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.