Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
About the role
DBS BaaS (Bank-as-a-Service) has a broad product portfolio and Product Specialists are the front line in the technical sales role at DBS BaaS. The incumbent is the key partner to a Partner Manager (PM) and have overall responsibility and ownership for procuring a technical win in sales cycles and help get the word out technically. Product Specialists are expected to know how to identify and technically qualify opportunities as well as provide initial presentations and high-level demonstrations across that portfolio. In subject areas that a Product Specialist sees more business in, the incumbent may be required to gain more technical depth and become more proficient in the subset of products serving those subject areas.
- Assesses incoming DBS solutions/proposals for BaaS (business + tech) strategy alignment, productization maturity, development/ co-development potential for externalization
- Engages and manages with distribution partners and JV partners on co-development roadmap
- Actively collaborate with DBS business and tech teams on commercialized solution plan – based on BaaS strategy and client/partner feedback, among others.
- Support partners with technical responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Understand a potential customer's business and technical pain points
- Determine technical fit to qualify in or out and provide that guidance to the Partners
- Work with the Partner Manager to formulate a sales strategy to support Partner opportunities
- Develop and maintain technical relationships in the accounts with partners
- Be able to articulate the product philosophy of DBS BaaS to the partners
- Execute the joint strategy with partners by providing presentations, demonstrations, whiteboarding sessions, and proofs of concept
- Coordinate with Specialists and partner presales team to execute solutions strategy
- Minimum 8-year of experience in Technology, Software development
- Multi-disciplinary technical ability. Good depth of knowledge gained from a strong technical background (often from a career in software development)
- Highly intuitive and sensitive individual who can build rapport in a collaborative manner with partners, sales and product engineering across diverse cultures and locations
- Effective Communications & Client-facing skills with the ability to think on the feet, gather, organize, analyse information with attention to details and accuracy
- Resourceful in problem solving with strong execution abilities
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.