The purpose of the Marketing BU is to sustainably maximise cash flows from the marketing of Anglo American products and services. In support of this, we have set ourselves a target to deliver a considerable uplift in PBT by 2023.
Marketing’s Structured Origination is a new team formed to secure long term trade flows with the strategic deployment of allocated capital. It is the next phase of Marketing’s successful trading journey and is considered a critical enabler of Marketing’s strong EBIT targets.
Provides expert cashflow and sensitivity analysis for credit and / or asset performance risk mitigation to support the Marketing BU’s requirement to build a Structured Sourcing and Origination business. Key requirements are the ability to understand technical risks associated with mining projects, and how these technical risks are reflected in terms of financial risk and financial modelling. The role will also be responsible for business reporting and specific client presentation material as required. With an evolving landscape for both Base Metals Marketing and Finance, emphasis will be placed on operating efficiency and effectiveness, with the Finance Business Analyst being the role accountable for continuous improvement delivery in reporting and these processes.
This role, while reporting through Base Metals, will be required to work closely with all the CMT’s within the marketing BU. To maximise value, the analyst will require sound knowledge of the market fundamentals of the different CMT’s underlying commodities (Copper, Nickel, Thermal Coal, Met Coal and Iron Ore) and have a background in the Natural Resources sector, specifically in Mining.
• Excellent understanding of financial modelling in a commodity environment
• Strong knowledge of investment valuation approaches and demonstrated ability to interpret findings and other information
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Project Finance principles
• Strong resource geology knowledge and mining resource analyst skills
• Strong knowledge of risk profile of mining companies
• Strong knowledge of Resource commodity products and markets
• Solid governance and compliance knowledge to organisational processes and procedures and understand how governance, risk and compliance processes impact on the business
• Strong presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic team on a number of prospective transactions in parallel
• Demonstrated ability to successful engage with multiple stakeholders
• Expert Excel skills, strong powerpoint and report writing skills
• Proven track record in financial modelling
• Proven track record in strong resource geology knowledge and mining resource analyst skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Network of research related contacts within the global mining industry
• Ability to deliver high quality work and prioritise deliverables under pressure
• Working experience in banking, trading, marketing environment or similar
• Working experience with risk management, trading or sales and distribution systems
• A graduate degree in geology