Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, our Power Solutions team is geared towards providing a more integrated approach offering end-to-end service to support our clients in energy networks, thermal generation, renewable generation and storage solutions space. We are helping our clients meet the challenges faced in countries and cities across the globe, providing innovative solutions from replacing conventional thermal power plants with renewable energy to developing demand side management strategies.
- Design and project management of transmission line/substation projects as an Owner’s Engineer for major utilities Structural design of overhead line steel lattice towers, steel/concrete/wood poles, substation support structures, lattice/tubular gantry structures.
- Foundation design (spread footing, pile footing, base plate design) using geotechnical input from the geotechnical team. Support for tender/proposal preparation and report writing.
- Good working knowledge of International Standards and be able to carry out design tasks independently. Ensure project work complies with the project scope of works, statutory/regulatory requirements and client standards
- Active participation as a team member and/or technical lead on all projects. Coordination and co-operation with other team members to achieve team objectives. Maintain existing internal and external client relationships to achieve repeat business, client satisfaction for projects undertaken
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Civil/Structural) or equivalent degree accredited with Board of Engineers Malaysia. Professional Engineer status preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience in design of steel/Concrete structures with an aspiration to grow into a Power Engineer – Civil/ Structural Engineer servicing the Power Market (Transmission Lines/Substations). Preferable past experience in the Power field (but not a necessity).
- Be able to use spreadsheets for calculation template creation/automation of calculations in engineering design. Be a user of a structural analysis software package. Preferably STAADPro or SpaceGass. Strong understanding in steel design, such as calculation of effective lengths, bolt connection designs, and concrete anchorage of steel members.
- Previous experience in the design of foundations, and in particular concrete pad foundations. Be willing to learn (training to be provided) for transmission line design software such as PLS TOWER, PLS CADD and PLS POLE. CAD drafting capability preferred
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too –from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.