Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we know that when it comes to a world that’s smarter, more connected and more sustainable, digital solutions are an important thread linking it all together.
In our digital advisory work, we’re leveraging innovative technologies and big data analytics to solve the world’s most critical challenges. From shaping the safer cities of tomorrow, to protecting against climate change – we’re combining diverse talents with deep client-application experience and digital intelligence to deliver solutions that connect people and places with the means to work smarter and live better, and make an enduring, positive difference in the world.
The telecom design team is seeking an additional Telecom Structure Engineer due to project wins.
In this role, you will:
- Provide structural analysis for telecommunication sites equipment upgrades or new telecommunication sites.
- Design structural modifications for telecommunication structures.
- Provide structural analysis and/or structural modification reports adhere to JACOBS report standards.
- Optimize efficiency and production.
- Communicate with other project team members in local and oversea offices, and learn the latest codes, jurisdiction and client’ requirements.
- Follow schedule of priorities as established by engineering project managers.
- Learn new technology and structural analysis software necessary.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- Good English communication skills and English technical writing skills are required.
- Work experience with RISA-3D is preferred.
- Passing the professional qualification exam is preferred.
- Structural analysis and design experience required, with wireless telecom related experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge and work experience with the ASCE, AISC and ACI codes are required.
- Knowledge on TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association) codes are preferred.
- Work experience with construction drawing is required.
- Being able to work with online work sharing software or shared network and server is required.
- Solid understanding and experience with Microsoft Office software are required.
- Understanding of geographic coordinate system and commercial satellite imagery is preferred.
- Being able to multitask and able to meet deadlines is required.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too –from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.