Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we know that when it comes to a world that’s smarter, more connected and more sustainable, digital solutions are an important thread linking it all together.
In our digital advisory work, we’re leveraging innovative technologies and big data analytics to solve the world’s most critical challenges. From shaping the safer cities of tomorrow, to protecting against climate change – we’re combining diverse talents with deep client-application experience and digital intelligence to deliver solutions that connect people and places with the means to work smarter and live better, and make an enduring, positive difference in the world.
To undertake modelling & structural detailing of steel frame house frames using SIGMACADD & VERTEX software. Training for 2-3 months will be provided for all new staff to show them how to use the CADD software and to details to the client’s expectations.
- Model steel frame walls using VERTEX
- Model steel frame trusses SIGMACADD
- Self-check all work prior to getting a QA review
- Create Bill of Materials from the models
- Create 2D drawings directly from the 3D model
- Create tender drawings for costing
- Create fabrication level drawings for construction
- Preparing delivery sheet
- Liaise with the Client Offshore Detailing Manager
- Update the progress report
- Attend weekly meeting & reviews
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s / College Degree in Engineering (Civil) or Equivalent
- Preferably with work experience in drafting or 3D modelling or steel detailing
- With good English communication skills and resilience to deal with critical feedback
- Accurate, keen on details and able to work under pressure
- Able to meet deadlines and work on a fast-paced environment
- Work experience on construction site for a housing project or similar would be beneficial
- A sound understanding of engineering design principles would be beneficial
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.