Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary 1. Strategy project leadership – thought leadership, project management, and client relationship/influencing to deliver new strategies for Cargill groups, businesses, and functions
2. Associate leadership – development of team members in skills and Cargill Leadership expectations, including regular evaluations and feedback
3. Office and practice leadership – contribute to office initiatives (engagement training, and recruiting) as well as improve the strategy practice Principal Accountabilities 1. STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
As a seasoned, experienced professional, contributes to the identification, development, and implementation of business strategies relating to the development of new products, technologies, services, follow-on products, and/or industries.• Contributes to the identification of new markets, and determines the feasibility of business and product development. Performs economic analyses on new or improved product opportunities.
• Works as a consultant to the Executive Team, Enterprise Leaders, Business Leaders, and Functional Leaders on corporate strategy direction, as well as with consultants and other advisors.• Contributes to the development of business models and tracks and quantifies market trends to substantiate prospects 2. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT • Scans the external environment for business opportunities, maintains surveillance over market, and may perform strategic analysis and market due diligence for acquisition candidates.• Contributes to the development and monitoring of profitability, productivity, and growth targets. May help to prepare acquisition proposals, recommend financial and nonfinancial strategic objectives and alternatives• With Enterprise strategy, may oordinate business reviews, resource allocations, and financial analysis.• Participates in the development of gameboards and associated identification, investigation, and evaluation of acquisitions/divestitures, licensing opportunities and strategic business alliances that are in line with the organization's long-range goals. 3. STRATEGIC PLANNING & IMIPLEMENTATION
• Lead project team that may consist of CSD associate(s), analyst(s) and/or client team members. Organize the project work and play a key role in bringing consensus to decisions in the strategic planning process in conjunction with CSD managers, Business/Function leaders, and Enterprise leaders.• Coordinates with internal departments in identifying and implementing business development projects. May work with sales, marketing and potential customers to determine their needs. Helps to develop and disseminate information on a continuous basis to all pertinent parties concerning the fulfillment of project goals and objectives.• Define and direct qualitative and quantitative data analysis, synthesize results and communicate actionable recommendations• Contributes to the development of long-range objectives and strategic plans for Cargill at the Enterprise and Group levels by identifying internal and external strategic issues that could affect growth and profitability. 4. REPRESENTATION & EXECUTION
• May act as a spokesperson on strategy matters with senior internal leaders (examples: Corporate Executive Team) and external parties (example: representatives of third parties engaged in due diligence).• Engages actively in relationships with strategy consulting firms, graduate business schools, and other external advisors in his/her scope of work.5.PEOPLE, RESOURCE, & BUDGET MANAGEMENT
• Provides development and coaching to direct reports to prepare employees for placement into future leadership positions throughout all of Cargill.
Education, Experience, Skills
• 5-7 years work experience
• Master’s degree from leading MBA or equivalent management program, with familiarity with strategy toolkit of frameworks
• Experience in a leading strategy consulting firm, with track record leading strategy projects
• Experience in challenging and influencing senior executives
• Experience in coaching high achievers