You will join our ANZ Cloud Advisory team within IBM’s Cloud Application Innovation unit. This is a key growing business area for IBM. IBM is on the forefront of cloud and the leader of Hybrid Cloud. With virtually all clients expected to accept some form of cloud strategy, opportunity for personal growth and success in this role is high. We continue to reinvent ourselves as we focus on client's IT needs that seek real business problems.
We live in an amazing time of technological enablement. The convergence of social, mobile, cloud, big data analytics and cognitive computing drives clients to redefine their enterprise agenda. This new agenda is transforming businesses, from relationships with customers and ecosystem partners to every aspect of internal operations and workforce culture. Decision makers – whether CEOs, CMOs, COOs, mayors, educators, physicians and public safety officials – are turning to technology as the key to innovating their business models, not simply expunging operational cost. Further, the role of the CIO has evolved from back-office operational oversight to leadership in driving customer experiences across products, services, channels and markets.
Around the world, IBMers' expertise in advanced research, cognitive computing, information analytics and the integration with new technologies helps clients envision the future and succeed. What services and solutions drive performance for clients and enables a better world is also a great opportunity for you.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Associate Partner - Strategy Consultant – Cloud Platforms Cross Industry
We are looking for an Associate Partner (AP) - Cloud Advisory. You will be responsible for:
- Lead programs that envision, evaluate and enable Cloud-enabled technology transformations, facilitating stakeholder agreement and managing inhibitors to change. This includes leading the design of Cloud and Hybrid Cloud architectures and developing the migration/modernisation roadmap for other teams to oversee implementation of the recommended solution. Coordinate integration of 3rd party platform providers, architects, migration experts, modernisation developers, and business/IT sponsors through the journey.
- As part of the business development or program execution help clients comprehend the business and financial impacts and benefits of Cloud and Hybrid Cloud adoption
- Lead clients’ understanding and preparation for the impacts of Cloud on the roles, responsibilities, governance, 3rd party contracts and Business/IT workforce, including leading clients’ change to such a Cloud-enabled IT Operating Model, facilitating stakeholder agreement and managing inhibitors to change.
- Forge trusted relationships that benefit both clients and IBM, while demonstrating Cloud platform neutrality
- Support the continuous refinement of IBM’s services, including internal and external marketing, maturation/training of methods, tools, and points of view, as well as integration with IBM’s other services and products for synergistic value. Harvest, share and present intellectual capital from past and parallel engagements
- Continuously acquire and convey expertise on Cloud’s impact on technology portfolios, including innovative design (e.g. containerization, Cloud native architectures, API-enablement), migration methods specific to major Cloud providers and ongoing optimisation (e.g. brokerage)
- Continuously acquire and convey expertise on Cloud’s impact on IT operating models, including governance, organizational structure, skills, capacity, IT processes, controls, tools and 3rd party service provider relationship improvements
- Gain and convey expertise in (and study of) technologies, IT drivers, and IT trends for specified industries and markets
The qualified candidate will have experience in the following:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in computer science, IT, engineering or finance)
- 8-15 years of experience in consulting (internal or external), with service orientation, superior problem-solving skills, entrepreneurship, and CxO-level presentation and writing abilities to, leveraging Microsoft Office
- 6-10 years of experience in IT transformation external client consulting to Fortune 1000 firms, blending general business acumen with competencies in technology and IT functional strategies
- 10-20 years of experience in the working within teams of diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience with large, transformational change, spanning business goals, people, processes, applications, data, and infrastructure
- Have taking care of multiple cloud providers (multiple cloud platforms (private / public providers: IBM Cloud, Pivotal, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or VMWare), migration tools and cloud methodologies
- Undergo with large and complex IT systems in an enterprise environment using virtualization or private Cloud technologies, including Containers / Container Orchestration, OpenShift, VMware, Cloud Foundry, OpenStack etc.
- Handling large Cloud transformation programs/projects, with the ability to lead and adapt existing approaches / methodologies based on emerging standard methodologies for immediate use
- Advanced market analysis skills and experience with principles of technology design and implementation to guide cloud strategy development
- Strong expertise in developing cloud migration roadmaps and driving agreement across complex organization structures
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
- Experience in a range of cloud migration discovery, profiling, migration, and operations technologies and tools
- Experience with cloud significant application architectures such as micro-services and full-stack development
- English: Fluent
- Location: Eligible to work and permanent residence Melbourne or Sydney
- Travel: Readiness to travel up to 5 days a week (home on weekends, based on project requirements); limited international travel if/as clients require