Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success
You are curious by nature and play well with others. You know how to navigate product teams through ambiguity by co-developing and executing a UX research strategy. You confidently communicate data driven recommendations to impact product decisions. You represent the user in everything you do.
You want to be a part of a growing team in an exciting industry and collaborate with other creative passionate individuals that respect and care about each other and their differing viewpoints.
- Identify and prioritize research opportunities with cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop, manage, and communicate research roadmap including timelines and milestones
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and third-party vendors to recruit appropriate users based on personas and facilitate scheduling and track engagement
- Design and conduct qualitative and/or quantitative studies to meet research objectives
- Design and implement remote research activities on testing platforms including unmoderated usability sessions and surveys
- Partner with engineers and designers to develop requirements for study artifacts including interactive prototypes
- Analyze behavioral data to communicate actionable UX recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders and executive leadership
- Partner with analytics teams to identify UX opportunities and supplement qualitative insights
- Represent customer needs in Agile backlog grooming and planning sessions
- Use data-driven insights to influence product strategy and feed innovation pipeline
- Collaborate with UX research team to define research operations processes including documentation templates and repository
- Evangelize user research internally, mentor fellow researchers, and nurture a culture of experimentation through proactive knowledge sharing across teams
- 7+ years of relevant work experience within user experience research
- 5+ years of UX Research experience for Cloud/SaaS, PaaS and/or IaaS products
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, or related field required; Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred
- Experience with generative/evaluative research using quantitative/qualitative methodologies
- Experience designing and facilitating research and design thinking workshops with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Direct hands-on experience leading and facilitating research studies and experiments, such as in-person and remote usability testing, contextual inquiry, concept evaluation, card sorting, A/B testing, iterative prototype testing, field research, survey design, etc.
- Proven ability to use data to influence UX and product strategy
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.