Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) team seeks Senior Software Technical Leader to join some of the industry’s best thinkers in developing and deploying today’s most Advanced Service Provider Orchestration, Automation and Virtualization solutions that enables our customers towards 5G ready infrastructure
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with Cisco Software Architect and customers to gather detailed use case spanning both business and technical requirements
- Design and deliver software solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Deliver functional specifications and design YANG models for the development team
- Develop and review software code
- Lead various multi-functional groups such as development teams, QA, Testing
Who You’ll Work with
As part of the CX Professional Services team you will have the opportunity to with some of the largest service provider customers to design and deliver software and automation projects such as orchestration of SDN networks and NFV with workflows automation.
Who You Are
The Senior Software Technical Leader is expected to have high level technical knowledge/experience with service provider IP networks and NFV. The candidate would be an independant worker within the team to solve complex tasks, ranging from design and implementation to troubleshooting Cisco's best in class software offerings. The ideal candidate has a strong software development background and can lead a project team of developers and testers and interlock with other partners to drive the business outcome for our customers
- Good understanding of business processes and operations
- Experience and high level understanding of SP network services (L2VPN/L3VPN) and virtualization technologies
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience developing software applications
- Expertise in JAVA, Python, Yang, bash scripting
- Expertise in working with APIs and protocols- REST, RESTCONF, NETCONF JSON RPC.
- Extensive experience in working with Linux platform
- Expertise in Software design principles and standard methodologies
- Experience in working with network automation/orchestration and NFV.
- Hand-on experience in working with industry standard CI/CD tools – Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira
- Prior experience with Cisco NSO, ESC or similar product is plus
- Other skills – XML/xpath, Docker, Ansible, Openstack/Kubernetes, code review
- Experience in leading small project teams
- Ability to solve complex problems creatively
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Must be a great teammate and work well in small and large group environments
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.