Job Title: Sr. SAP Basis Engineer
Job Function: IT
Business Unit: Corporate
- Performs and contributes to technical activities including but not limited to: System installation, design, and support, System and Platform Migrations, System Management, Performance Tuning, System Administration and SME support for Problem Resolution.
- Evaluates and proposes new Infrastructure technology standards together with the Enterprise architecture group.
- Provides SME advice and direction to a team of SAP L2 Basis Administrators and SAP Operations Analysts both employee and contractors.
- Configures complex transport landscapes in line with JCI change management strategy.
- Displays strong interpersonal skills in working with different technical and non-technical teams comprised of employes and external contractors.
- The Sr. SAP Basis Administrator:
- Adheres to JCI infrastructure architecture standards, including obtaining formal sign-off of architecture at the defined review points across the PRISM methodology.
- Provides input to Platform Management and Infrastructure Architecture regarding existing and new technologies; reviews proposed changes architecture standards and technology roadmaps.
- Supports the implementation and adoption of new technologies into the enterprise data center environments.
- Performs major system upgrades, platform migrations and system migrations to different cloud providers
- Defines the configuration of SAP Systems and services for all JCI enterprise data centers.
- Develops Disaster Recovery plans, procedures and test scenarios and provides oversight and sign-offs in regular DR rehearsals.
- Applies security policies to the SAP Platform as determined by the IT Security group.
- Provides level II incident and problem management with responsibility for resolution and root cause analysis of the most complex hardware and software issues within Operating Level Agreements.
- Leads planning and execution of server workload migrations and consolidations in conjunction with the Service Delivery Team.
- Provides effective technical documentation to clearly communicate procedures and developments to other IT personnel.
- Demonstrates customer service attitude and work ethic.
- Adheres to the Company's Ethics standards.
- 4 year University degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or similar appropriate education.
- 6+ years of SAP Basis Platform experience (ABAP and JAVA).
- 3 years UNIX/LINUX and Windows experience.
- 3-5 years of database experience with SAP HANA and Oracle. Experience with SAP ASE and Microsoft SQL server is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in speaking English.
- The successful incumbent in this position will have extensive knowledge and experience in maintaining and configuring SAP Systems including ABAP and JAVA Stack based systems. Advanced knowledge and skills in all Areas related to SAP Products and system software is required. Strong analytical skills are required to understand, diagnose and resolve technical situations.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX and Windows platforms is strongly desired.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.