We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped businesses grow, consumers and small businesses gain access to financial services, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 17k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
To do this we employ the greatest and brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. We embrace our diversity yet share similar values and growth mindsets.
What’s your next professional and personal goal? Let Experian help bring this to life
The Systems Security Engineer Expert is part of the security integrations & Analytics team in the Experian GSO. This role will serve as an engineering resource responsible for the innovation, development, and maintenance of SIEM & UEBA systems. Specific focus will be directed to understanding various vendor feeds and developing the capability of our analytics tools to detect anomalous, suspicious, or malicious behaviors. An ideal candidate will have extensive information security experience particularly in incident response and able to apply that knowledge to drive future content to reduce risk.
The Systems Security Engineer Expert will work closely with the various internal teams, including but not limited to cyber threat intelligence analysts, SOC analysts, incident management, server and network administrators, security tool administrators, and business unit customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Understand data feeds of various security tools and logs that feed the SIEM & UEBA technologies. Ability to identify capabilities and quality of these feeds and recommend improvements.
- Ability to craft new content use cases based on threat intelligence, analyst feedback, available log data, previous incidents.
- Perform day to day activities of the content life cycle, including creating new use cases, testing content; tuning, and removing content; and maintain associated documentation.
- Remediate vulnerabilities in the different application environments
- Work with the other security functions and product SMEs to identify gaps within the existing analytical capability.
- Development of parsers/field extractions to facilitate reliable content development
- Development of custom scripts as required to augment default SIEM functionality
- Participate in root cause analysis on security incidents and provide recommendations for containment and remediation
- Act as the liaison to business units to fulfill audit, regulatory compliance and/or corporate security policy requirements.
- Create, implement, and maintain novel analytic methods and techniques for incident detection
- Ensure documentation for content is available on team wiki- specifically including content roadmap and documentation on current content
More about you
- Prior experience in SIEM content development (LogRhythm, Splunk, QRadar, McAfee ESM, or similar SIEM platform) Splunk preferred
- Understanding of various log formats and source data for SIEM Analysis
- Solid background with Windows and Linux platforms (security or system administration)
- Ability to effectively communicate with anyone, from end users to senior leadership- facilitating technical and non-technical conversations.
- Strong incident handling/incident response/security analytics skills
- Deep understanding of technical concepts including networking and various cyber attacks
- Solid comprehension of various security controls, capabilities and use in a corporate environment
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated history of innovation and/or creativity
- Ability to drive process improvements and identify gaps
- Ability to excel in a team, as an individual, in a fast-paced deadline driven organization
- Knowledge of programming/scripting fundamentals
- Passion for excellence and attention to detail
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ of information security experience, preferably engineering or development
- 3+ years’ experience supporting a SEIM platform in a content development or administrative role
- 2+ years’ experience performing SOC analysis and/or incident response
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Security or similar discipline is preferred
- Experience with a wide range of security products
- Industry Security Certifications (CISSP, SANS) preferred
- Scripting (Python is preferred, but most any programming knowledge will be sufficient if engineer is willing to learn Python)