The Solutions and Implementations Manager develops supply chain solutions and defines the scope of projects to meet customer needs and increase profitable revenue. He/She works with Business Development and strategic global accounts to gather customer business requirements and develop sales strategies for solutions. This position oversees supervisors, and specialists.
Provides Business Development (BD) and Implementation Support
• Prepares proposals, reports, and other project documents to ensure they are clear, concise, and appropriate for the intended audience.
• Reviews project submissions, stays informed of the project status, and escalates project issues to ensure project execution meets the customer needs and UPS financial objectives.
• Works with BD in educating the customer to ensure awareness of the strategic implications of logistics decisions and options.
• Adjusts solutions and adapts the cost model to comply with project implementation issues raised by UPS Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) or the customer.
• Reviews implementations across geographies to ensure consistent solutions application.
Provides Brokerage Knowledge Management and Costing Support
• Conducts project debriefs to identify best practices, process improvement recommendations, and repeatable business models.
• Monitors the solutions design and development process, hit rates, and effectiveness of solutions to obtain data for continuous process improvement, increase profitable revenue, and ensure effective cost control projects.
• Provides International Trade Services (ITS) solutions expertise to other groups within SCS to ensure employees are trained and educated in ITS solutions.
• Coordinates and organizes archiving of solutions data for use in the preparation of future and repeatable solutions.
Provides Solution Design and Development
• Analyzes customer workflow processes, compliance requirements, technology, labor requirements, and customer trade profiles to evaluate potential solution options.
• Summarizes merits, costs, and risks associated with each solution to develop recommendations for selection of the best solutions for the customer and the UPS SCS.
• Recommends adjustments to ensure the solutions incorporate the voice of the customer and is consistent with the solution definition and scope of work.
• Coordinates with other UPS business units on deals involving multiple projects to ensure an effective solution is developed.
• Reviews and manages projects with appropriate levels of management to obtain approval for proposed methods and costs.
• Manages project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end.
• Forwards project documents to stakeholders to obtain sign-off, agreement on project cost, and needed resources.
• Develops project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications.
• Ensures affected functions or groups are identified and works with them to negotiate process changes, ownership of processes, and to manage project impact.
• Designs and implements communication plans to ensure those affected by projects are informed and updated.
• Follows up with assigned resources formally (e.g., status meetings, etc.) and informally to continuously manage the productivity of the team, project timelines, and deliverables.
• Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals and expectations.
Manages and Develops Others
• Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
• Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
• Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
• Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
• Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
• Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
• Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
• Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
• Makes salary recommendations to reward employee performance.
• Possess a Bachelor degree in a Business/Logistics/Finance relevant major
• Min 5-7 years of experience in Solutions, Sales, Marketing /implementation or an equivalent work experience
• Min 3 years management experience
• Possess excellent oral and written communication (English)
• Attention to detail, organized with good problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
• Demonstrated success in deploying projects
• Experience in brokerage sector is an added advantage