What you'll do
This is a role within Agile Development Team (ADT), Service Provider covering APJ region. Here, you will be driving our customers’ requirements with rapid prototyping of Cisco Solutions; Innovate using Cisco’s automation frameworks, tools and open source technologies to drive adoption of Software and recurring revenue; Help scale and enable System Engineers through software transition by Knowledge transfer, training, Proof of concepts and demos.
Who you'll work with
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest problem solvers and thinkers in the Cisco Sales, Product Management and BU Engineering.
Who you are
You are someone who thrives in a dynamic start-up like environment. You have at least 2+ years’ of software engineering experience and are looking for an opportunity to shine, a team where you can thrive, one that recognizes your capabilities and rewards you accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills, team player, and “hack” mentality.
- Programming languages: Python, Java, Go & Java Scripting
- Networking / Systems: Cisco Routers, Switches & Cloud/DC Offerings
- Experienced in crafting, building and debugging in distributed systems.
- Hands on experience with Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Linux-KVM, Openstack, Openshift)
- Understanding of cloud architecture and services in multiple public clouds like AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Familiar with micro-services based software architecture and the evolving tools
- Experience with container run time (Docker, LXC/LXD)
- Familiar with agile practices and believes in test driven development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years’ of experience as a software engineer working on large scale distributed systems
- You are experienced in software architecture, system design, object-oriented programming, RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience with designing and developing customized tools, scripts and dashboards
- Hands on experience with Cisco or major networking vendor products
- Certifications like CCNA/CCNP or similar certifications from major vendors
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.