Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Edge Specialist is a Technical Presales function that works to help Equinix clients and prospects understand, adopt and use Equinix’s portfolio of Edge products on the Equinix Platform. This is an APAC regional role that will primarily be focused on the Equinix Metal solution with a secondary focus on other Equinix digital solutions
Supporting the Equinix Sales and Channels team and working closely with the Global Solution Architects, the Edge Specialist must be proficient in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex IT systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration.
The ideal candidate should possess an extensive technical breadth - with relevant experience in the IT industry - of the creation and maintenance of infrastructure to support complex application environments, and will have skills across multiple platforms, including cloud, distributed systems and complex networking.
- Provides technology support on Platform Equinix Edge product portfolio to sales and channel community
- Prepares and conducts customer technical workshops, demos, enablements, with audiences that include senior leadership of customers and partners
- Distil complex products into customer outcomes which can be easily articulated to sales and customers
- Understands customer business value and able to translate business challenges and requirements into solutions
- Proactively developing and maintaining relationships with customer and partner key stakeholders
- Helps to develop Edge product portfolio use cases
- Liaise with Equinix internal key stakeholders to ensure seamless solution implementation of Edge Products
- Strong domain level understanding of:
- Software Defined Infrastructure, including automation & configuration management solutions. Some examples include – Terraform, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Cloud Formation & Openstack.
- Containers (Kubernetes, Docker), Systems (BMC etc)
- Hypervisors and Virtualisation technologies including those made by VMWare ESX, ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, Oracle VM, Nutanix etc
- Major public clouds and NFV vendors
- Bare-Metal as a Service (Incorporating sizing, workload identification, architectural requirements)
- Knowledge of:
- Modern software development methodologies, supporting DevOps, CI/CD efforts, as well as Infrastructure design and development.
- Storage technologies such as iSCSI, NFS, SAN (Pure Storage, DellEMC, vSAN etc.)
- Compute OS platform such as Ubuntu, RHEL & Windows.
- Familiarity with relevant technical industry topics through training, reading, research and collaboration
- Good understanding of business processes contributing to successful sales and implementation of IT solutions
- Ability to explain business value and working on TCO/ROI models
- Relevant industry certifications
- Team player and occasional leader (by influence)
- Sufficient level of organizational awareness, both inside Equinix and with customers
- Key customer stakeholders up to senior management level
- Technology providers and peers in the industry
- All teams centred around the customer (sales, sales support, customer care, NetOps regional product, regional channel, etc.)
- Leads engagements with colleagues internationally to drive global solutions
- Collate customer feedback on our Edge Services and interface with Product and Global Principals to ensure that our roadmap alignment
- Drive activities with Global Technical Sales team members to share findings, document knowledge and improve customer experience and consumption
- Significant experience presenting to technical and business audiences across enterprise, network, and cloud domains
- Be a trusted advisor in the technical domain with global customers and partners
- Occasionally represent Equinix as Subject Matter Expert in industry areas and/or aspects of Platform Equinix's edge portfolio.
- Is engaged with stakeholders inside and outside of Global Technical Sales to improve experience and consumption of Equinix's edge portfolio
- Actively look for opportunities both within the team companywide to share knowledge and improve the way that we do things
- Actively participates in technology forums, speaks at events, publishes and has regional exposure at a minimum.