At Jacobs, our Power Solutions team is geared towards providing a more integrated approach offering end-to-end service to support our clients in energy networks, thermal generation, renewable generation and storage solutions space. We are helping our clients meet the challenges faced in countries and cities across the globe, providing innovative solutions from replacing conventional thermal power plants with renewable energy to developing demand side management strategies.
This role will be responsible for all phases of planning and execution on small, medium to large size engineering and consulting projects of significant complexity.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
- When functioning as the Project Manager, is responsible for the entire project.
- Supervises project personnel through subordinate leaders.
- May be working on concurrent projects as Project Manager.
- May serve as a proposal manager to the projects to which they she will be assigned.
- May act as Engineering Manager on projects depending on scale, complexity, experience and business needs related to the project
- May act as Project Director for small and medium projects depending on complexity
- Support business development activities through client meetings, business marketing events and proposal support
- Professional experience in the field of wind and solar energy assessments; prefeasibility studies
- Due Diligence, Lenders/Owner’s engineering roles.
- Lead and manage due diligence projects
- Key player of Owner’s engineer with duties involving design review and site inspection.
- Undertook review of wind farm assets, condition, forecast operational expenditure and assets management plans using PV System
- Delivers technical work to agreed quality standards and in line with project objectives and client requirements.
- Delivers project responsibilities on-time, on-budget and to agreed quality.
- Proactive day to day management of project and proposals inputs.
- Supports Designated Project Executives (DPEs), other PM’s and CM’s in managing operational risk, including project delivery, EHS, quality and service.
- Understands the relevant components of Jacobs systems and demonstrates that the systems have been applied appropriately for projects.
- Complies with mandatory aspects of Jacobs systems for project management.
- Understands how project-based information is collected, analysed and distributed for use by the business to guide decision making.
- Adapts Jacobs systems for more complex or unusual situations, as needed.
- Assists the identification and management of risks to Jacobs, and risks to the client’s project.
- Supports the development and implementation of mitigation plans for unacceptable risks.
- Works with PM’s and DPE’s to proactively resolve issues on projects.
Here's What You'll Need:
Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 12 years of experience with similar professional experience in solar, wind farm and other renewable energy.
- Strong technical/commercial background with potentially diverse experience in the energy sector.
- Excellent track record in wind farm operation, technical due diligence, site prefeasibility studies,
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
Jacobs. A world where you can.