Job Description As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role is a software engineering lead to develop applications that are based on Distributed Ledger Technology and encompasses both on-chain and off-chain component. This is a strategic initiative to leverage leading edge technologies to create new business capabilities and enable new business models to gain competitive advantage. Apart from project delivery, a significant part of the role will be to evaluate and apply new technologies onto a broad spectrum of payment use cases through pilots and proof-of-concepts.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and data architecture disciplines
- Proficiency in Java programming language and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams across geographical boundaries to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- At least 12 years of relevant technical experience in a software development role
- Strong analytical capabilities in troubleshooting testing and production defects to accelerate workaround and/or recovery and reduce downtime impact
- Prior working experience in the financial industry preferred, especially relating to high volume mission critical transactional systems
- Self-learner and adaptability to different technologies and programming languages
- Knowledge of payment processing, cloud hosting and blockchain technology are advantageous
- Experience in running complex in-house development projects with multiple interconnecting systems and interdependencies
- Good communication skills with ability to articulate implications of technology solutions to business stakeholders
- Ability to lead a team of junior developers
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.