We are currently recruitng a Software Engineer to join our CoverWallet team in Aon's Center for Innovation & Analytics (Singapore).
CoverWallet, an Aon company, was founded in 2015 to reinvent the $100 billion small business insurance industry by using data, design, and technology. As a part of Aon, a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions with 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries, CoverWallet has the mentality and culture of a high-growth startup with the backing and support of a global multinational company.
CoverWallet is the easiest way for businesses to understand, buy, and manage insurance online and has been recognized as a CNBC Upstart 100, won the Best Insurtech Solution from the Benzinga Awards and was named “One of the Most Entrepreneurial Companies in America” by Entrepreneur Magazine.
What we offer:
- The possibility to disrupt one of the biggest industries, and in one of the most developed digital markets in the world.
- The possibility to build your career in one of the leading startups in the USA.
- Great offices in New York, Madrid, Sevilla and near the beach in Valencia, Singapore and Poland
- Competitive salary
- Education budget
- Full remote
- Fun and fast-paced environment
- Design, implement and deploy our software products.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate software services and third-party services.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Work as part of a team with other engineers to build and deliver features.
- Participate in code reviews, identify and apply best practices for software development.
- Create technical documentation for reference.
- Prepare accurate implementation task lists/time estimates and deliver assignments based on requirements.
- Contribute to the security of our systems.
- Contribute to recruitment activities.
- Produce and promote clean code.
- Mentor other junior engineers.
- Act as a technical representative with external stakeholders on behalf of the team.
- Eventually, play a scrum master role.
- Recommend and implement new technologies, processes, and systems to increase productivity.
- Work with the leadership team to define the platform roadmap.
- From static design to Production running code.
- Demonstrated UI design and UX sensibilities.
- Responsive design, mobile-first.
- SEO techniques awareness.
- Cross-browser compatibility issues knowledge, client-side performance.
- AngularJS, React or any other JS libraries are a plus.
- Familiarity with MVC Ruby on Rails web framework or others.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, and a delivery process based on pull-requests.
- Experience with test-driven software design.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and deployment processes.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Team player.
- Usually BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.