Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
The Business Entity
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) team seeks a Senior Software Architect to join some of the industry’s best thinkers in developing and deploying today’s most Advanced Service Provider Orchestration, Automation, Assurance and Virtualization solutions that enables our customers towards 5G ready architecture
The Senior Software Architect is expected to have technical knowledge/experience with service provider IP networks whilst NFV expertise will be a plus. The candidate should be an independant worker within the team to solve complex tasks, ranging from design and implementation to troubleshooting Cisco's best in class software offerings. The ideal candidate can lead a project team of designers, developers and testers and interlock with other partners to drive the business outcome for the customer. The candidate should have excellent communications skills and able translate complex problem statements into high level messaging for CxO level
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with customers to gather detailed use case spanning both business and technical requirements
- Handle customer expectations
- Architect, design and deliver software solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Build functional specifications and design YANG models for the development team
- Lead various multi-functional groups such as development teams, QA, Testing
Who You’ll Work With
As part of the CX Professional Services team you will have the opportunity to work with some of the largest service provider customers to design and deliver software and automation projects such as orchestration of SDN networks and NFV with workflows automation.
Who You Are
- Good understanding of business processes and operations
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience with SP networks and technologies
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing software applications using Java and/or network automations using orchestration software
- Experience in leading project teams
- Knowledge/Experience in the DevOps, CI/CD framework
- Knowledge of Cisco and Industry Cloud computing (i. e. Openstack, Kubernetes, AWS), Data Center, Virtualization, Storage and Networking solutions is very desirable
- Good exposure to Scripting technologies (Python, Salt, Ansible) is desirable
- Exposure to products and technologies such as Cisco NSO, ESC, CVIM, BPA, NETConf, YANG, JSON, XML and REST are a plus
- Ability to solve complex problems creatively
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Must be a great teammate and work well in small and large group environments
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.