At Jacobs, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their various facilities that are changing our world. Our talented experts create exceptional spaces across the world through our creative blending of human need, environmental stewardship, value creation, science and art. We believe that built environments should reflect the context, history, cultures, communities, and the natural environment while incorporating advances in technology.
Our Water business would like to welcome you to be part of an Advanced Meter Infrastructure (AMI) project as a Site Inspector. You will be part of an exciting water meter digitalization project across Singapore.
This Site Inspector role will inspect the installation, testing, commissioning and monitoring of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Smart meters as part of the AMI Demonstration Project. The Inspector should have an interest in water metering systems, plumbing system with local regulatory requirement, and wireless communication, M&E installation for smart meters, as well as IT skills. The Inspector role includes oversight and supervision of meters across Singapore. Weekly reports on the data and statistics will be required with OMNI Software tools and reporting to Site Engineers, Functional and Project Managers.
Work under the supervision of a Site Engineers (SE), Project Manager and the Implementation Manager. Responsible for standing supervision of the installation works and verification of the AMI meter performance against an agreed set of criteria with the client. Essential duties:
- Initial oversight of configuration and successful installation and commissioning of AMI meters distributed across Singapore.
- Ongoing oversight and documentation of results including communication signal strength, signal quality, alarms, noise and alerts.
- Verify meter data through Meter Data Management System (MDMS) and correctness of data to the Electronic Billing System (EBS).
- Oversee Contractor’s installation against contract specifications and requirements.
- Prepare reports, alert the client and Jacobs of any pending issues, and make recommendations on the project’s success.
- Inspectors to support the SEs in the direct monitoring of the AMI contractor and they shall be present in Singapore for the duration of the assignment.
- Each Inspector shall carry out preferably same day quality supervision and assurance site checks on 100% of the meter installation/replacement works performed by the AMI contractor and report deficiencies to the SEs.
- Each Inspector shall validate newly installed hardware information (such as meter serial numbers and meter readings) preferably electronically as well as perform an assessment of the as-left site condition, any irregularities (such as leaking valves) as well as rectification works by AMI contractor.
To be a successful candidate you shall possess:
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation Control and Automation or equivalent from a recognized University or other acceptable qualification from reputed institutes for multiple positions.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in overseeing/supervising site/field works or construction management.
- Experience with similar smart metering installation with smart water meters is preferred
- Familiar with local regulatory requirements
- A Singaporean working right
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.