Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their various facilities that are changing our world. Our talented experts create exceptional spaces across the world through our creative blending of human need, environmental stewardship, value creation, science and art. We believe that built environments should reflect the context, history, cultures, communities, and the natural environment while incorporating advances in technology.
We are currently welcoming you to join our project team to involve in the execution of the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Project across Singapore. Jacobs' role is the Client Representative, carry out supervision work.
This Site Engineer (SE) role will oversee the installation, testing, commissioning and monitoring of Smart meters as part of the Client’s NB-IoT trial. The SE should have a solid understanding of water metering and wireless / NB IoT as well as the installation and some IT skills. The SE role includes managing and supervising several meter vendors, telcos and installation contractors. Weekly reports on the data and statistics will be required.
Work under the supervision of a Project Manager and the Implementation Manager, the SE will evaluate, select, and apply standard contract administration and measurement techniques to the administration and assessment of trial performance against an agreed set of criteria with the client.
- Initial oversight of configuration and successful commissioning and installation of NB-IoT meters distributed across Singapore.
- Ongoing oversight and documentation of results including radio signal strength, signal quality, alarms, noise and alerts.
- Oversee Contractor’s performance against contract specifications and requirements.
- Prepare reports, alert the client and Jacobs of any pending issues, and make recommendations on the project’s success.
- Regular field/site visits
- Liaison with water meter vendors, installation contractors, Client and Telcos
- Manage a long-term smart meter NB-IoT trial
- Establish and maintain Client relationship during the project
- Certify and document work done by Contractors’
- Review and evaluate contractors’ performance against criteria, make recommendations for milestones and progress payments.
- Preparing cost estimates for variation claims, obtaining and assessment of quotations, preparation of change notices, and Instructions.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate you shall possess:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications or Electronics or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience with Wireless / Radio technologies
- Experience with 3GPP 3G / 4G telco wireless standards including NB-IoT preferred given the nature of work
- Hands-on working experience with Smart Water Metering and metrology
- Familiar with LPWA protocols such as LwM2M, MQTT, COAP
- Singapore working rights
Other information: Islandwide working location; 18 months fixed term contract
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.