Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
- The Service Validation Engineer is responsible for ensuring New Services, Deployments and Acquired Devices meet the levels dictated by the Service Validation & Testing processes
- Ensures Utility testing (including System, Unit, Smoke, Regression and End to End testing) is performed and documented effectively for associated projects
- Being the interface between Global Networks P&I, Design and Service Management for new services, deployments and acquired devices
- Ensures integration projects and new products/platforms are successfully transitioned into the operational teams
- Embraces increasing customer demand with a positive attitude and collaborative thinking
- Ensures seamless delivery of Equinix products/services
- Maintains consistent relationship with cross functional teams
- Acts as a technical escalation point for the Service Strategy & Validation team
- Driving technical Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Service Validation documentation, specifically for Utility testing, for new Services, Deployments and Acquired Devices
- Represent Service Strategy and Validation team from a technical leadership perspective – reporting back to cross functional teams, senior management and the wider Strategy team
- Managing technical conversations with cross functional teams on new products and services, ensuring the requirements of Service validation for Service Management are considered and acted upon
- Creating continuous improvement opportunities and working with the wider Strategy team
- 2-3 years of experience working in a Network Operations environment
- Knowledge of Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, KVM)
- Network and Server monitoring skillset
- Knowledge of packet based networks, routing, redundancy and transport protocols (OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VRF and VXLAN) on several network vendors
- Clear understanding of Container technology’s (Docker)
- Experience in Private (OpenStack based) and Public Cloud (AWS/Azure or similar)
- Experience with Cloud networking especially related to OpenStack deployments.
- Should have extensive understanding of Cloud Deployment Scenarios e.g. NFV stack or BareMetal deployments (IaaS/Ironic) etc.
- Script programming languages
- Must be able to lead multiple projects concurrently and work under deadlines on high-demand environment.
- Project planning and management skills, including ability to identify and assess risks
- Experience of optical and packet-based platforms
- Experience in communicating at a senior level
- Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Strong Written and Verbal Communications.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, communication and documentation skills
- Negotiation skills and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints and articulate the advantages of standards in a technical environment
- A keen analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- A dedication to customer satisfaction
- Strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Technical ownership experience
- Ciena exposure and experience
- Cloud Management Platforms Engineering & Support experience
- Virtual Network Engineering & Support experience
- Network Automation Basics
- Technical Service Integration/ Validation Experience
- ITIL foundation
- OpenStack Knowledge
- Systems and Networks Security Knowledge