Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity.
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Our Transportation Department is currently seeking a Senior Tunnel Engineer with the following responsibilities:
- Assist Team Leader in maintaining high-quality standards of design and supervision.
- Lead in the preparation of design documents but not limited to detailed design reports, calculations, drawings and construction sequence..etc.
- Prepare submissions to statutory agencies/ local authorities.
- Lead in the coordination with other disciplines in preparation of design deliveries.
- Participate in meetings & visit project sites to understand project challenges and constraints.
- Work with fellow consultants and external parties to facilitate the smooth progress of projects.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others, establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Assume responsibilities and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Undertakes continuous learning and improvement, apply new skills, techniques, and methodologies
- Learn to be knowledgeable with the company’s functions, systems, processes and solutions.
- Assisting the design and documentation delivery processes of the business in Singapore and throughout the Asian Region.
- Participate in the tendering of projects.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to engineers.
- Professional representation of the company during the course of business.
- Follow the policies and procedures of the company’s documented Quality System.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Degree in Civil/ Structural or Geotechnical Engineering or similar, recognized by the Professional Engineers Board or qualification acceptable to the Commissioner of Building Control.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the design of tunneling works with at least five (5) years in design for projects for multi-disciplinary underground railway infrastructure including station, bored tunnels and mined tunnel..etc.
- Experience in tunnel construction in hard and soft rock conditions and possess in-depth knowledge of NATM & TBM excavation techniques and trenchless construction would be an added advantage.
- Experience in design of all aspects of tunneling including shotcrete, launch and retrieval shafts, and cross-passages.
- Adaptability to acquire new skills and knowledge to carry out tunneling design with automated design tools using Civil3D and Dynamo (training to be provided).
- Singapore local experience is essential.
- Ability to work in multi-discipline teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present technical information, both written and verbally, in a concise and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Familiar with Authorities’ submission requirements for civil/infrastructure engineering projects.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, energetic, taking proactive
- Conversant with Local and International Design Codes and Standards such as Euro Codes, British and American Codes for Civil Structural design.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too –from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.