Treasury, as a global function, aims to maximize shareholder value through efficient treasury operations, competitive financial structures and effective treasury risk management for all classes of business at Bunge. The Global Treasury function covers Treasury requirements of all Bunge subsidiaries and Bunge controlled JVs.
This Treasury Manager position is responsible for all Treasury activities for the SEA portfolio, which covers Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, … Singapore and Australia are the key locations with material Bunge business. Bunge operates through a non-controlled JV in Vietnam and the incumbent in this role is expected to provide Bunge view on Treasury matters to the JV Treasurer. In addition, the SEA Treasury Manager is also responsible for advising Loders Malaysia on all Treasury matters.
A number of operational Treasury activities are currently performed by Mohali BBS for SEA. This role oversees Mohali BBS activities and is expected to lead the migration of further operations to Mohali.
This position reports to the China and South East Asia Treasurer, who is based in Shanghai. The incumbent in this role should function as the right-hand person for the China and South East Asia Treasurer. The role has one direct report, a Treasury Analyst, who is based in Singapore.
The incumbent in this role will regularly interact with Tax, Controlling, FP&A, Legal, the Commercial Organisation and a large group of banks externally.
- Ensure appropriate management of FX exposure for all entities in SEA. Provide advice on appropriate risk management strategies for these exposures, where needed and put in place suitable FX hedging structures.
- Report FX exposures and hedging status to senior management. Ensure the external/internal compliance of FX trades in S.E.A. countries. Investigate any breach in exposure limit and administer risk recovery actions and breach reports;
Bank Account & Liquidity Management:
- Ensure the effective utilization of cash resources. Eliminate excess cash in bank accounts. Lead the P2P team in Mohali BBS for efficient cash settlement;
- Periodically review entity balance sheets. Update and review cash flow forecasts.
- Manage bank facilities and corporate banking relationships in the region
- Oversee all bank accounts in the portfolio to ensure good controls and efficient use of cash
Capital Structures & Financing:
- Manage equity, gearing and dividend decisions of entities in portfolio.
- Arrange intra-group funding for both short and long-term financial requirements of the business, in partnership with the Corporate Treasury Function in White Plains. If intra-group funding is not viable, provide steer on alternative financing sources and arrange/coordinate access to external funding instruments
- Support business projects in the portfolio by providing advice on Treasury implications and lead implementation of changes required from Treasury perspective
- Support Singapore based Trade Finance desks for bank negotiations
- Partner with the business for the assessment of suitable working capital financing options such as Supply Chain Financing packages
- Implement Operational and Technology solutions to streamline and automate Treasury Operations through SAP platform
- Support SAP implementation projects of the business from cash management and Treasury payments perspective, in coordination with IT and Treasury Technology team.
This is a role for an experienced finance professional with the following qualities:
- University degree or comparable education
- Accounting and/or Treasury qualification preferred
- Treasury experience is preferred. For those that do not have Treasury experience, ability to learn quickly and good analytical skills are required.
- General Finance experience, ideally in or close to the business. Additional Audit, Banking or Operating Company experience are helpful
- A strong business sense and ability to manage a rapidly-changing environment
- Sound understanding of Bunge businesses
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have confidence and maturity to deal
- with all levels of staff.
- Self-starter and team-player
- Ability to lead
- Resilience and ability to influence
- Eye for detail whilst seeing the bigger picture.