The senior system administrator is responsible for the deployment, initial technical setup and ongoing maintenance of the Maximo and TRIRIGA systems under contract with the Cloud Delivery Services team. This role requires ongoing collaboration with the Technical Delivery/Systems Administration Manager to execute on key internal projects as delegated, focused on operational delivery and efficiencies.
Your Role and Responsibilities :
- Deploy new servers in a Cloud environment based on Redhat 6/7.
- Deploy new instances of Maximo/TRIRIGA, including Websphere application server, code tree and perform initial configuration to connect to the deployed database.
- Configure Maximo/TRIRIGA instances to conform with the Cloud Delivery Services standard.
- Troubleshoot issues with installed applications through analysis of logs (application and system), and working with other individuals or teams.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule.
- Deploy code fixes delivered from the Application Support teams through the client environments.
- Assist or lead in the further enhancement of automation tools.
- Use Service Desk to manage work tickets through the life cycle.
- Provide feedback and updates to the rest of the team and clients as required on status of tickets.
- Ability to problem solve and use tools (Internet, Support documentation) to research issues and identify solutions.
- Create scripts as required to help manage client instances.
- Support OpenVPN server admin and ongoing maintenanc.e
- Support R1Soft backup server admin and ongoing maintenance.
- Work projects as assigned by Technical Manager
Equipment and Applications
- PC’s, handheld devices, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, e-mail and other software applications as required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- General office environment, evening and weekend work required on occasion. Will be part of a 24 x 7 on-call rotation schedule – expected to cover 1 week every 4 – 6 weeks depending on team composition.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in engineering, or computer science, or equivalent experience. This role typically requires three or more years experience in Java based application management running on Websphere application server or other web servers. Strong Linux administration and shell scripting skills required. Experience in a Production Operational setting supporting systems 24 x 7 an asset.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with Linux Admin, shell knowledge (Redhat and Ubuntu), Websphere Application Server, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Maximo, TRIRIGA, SaaS and Java an asset.
- A working knowledge of operating system patches, access management, and how firewalls work are also assets. Working knowledge of r1 Soft back up process and java and soapui knowledge would also be an asset.