Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
The Product Software team at Equinix builds next-generation software products and architecture for our Equinix software platform and services offerings. We are looking for engineers responsible for developing consistent APIs with microservices, interacting with multiple consumers and abstracting complex Enterprise Application workflows. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop the platform, and to collaborate with other teams to understand consumption and integration. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential. You will work closely with product engineering, architects and product managers.
- Solve for the customer - understand the WHY and enrich the specification to create a solution which delights customers
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Be a steward of code quality, agile development processes and automation.
- Solve high severity production issues on priority - with a focus on unblocking the customer, and ensuring problems do not recur
- Proficient in Java and Spring Boot, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, design and architectural patterns, RESTful interfaces
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Knack for writing clean, readable Java code
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Proponent of CI/CD
- At least 7 years of strong experience in building robust services, preferably on Java - Spring stack
- Experience working on cloud-based SaaS/PaaS products
- Understanding of APIs, horizontally scalable services, data modelling
- Articulation of a solution and its benefits / shortcoming with alternatives
- Capability to learn something new everyday
- Ability to transition between programming languages and tool sets
- Ability to share your ideas