At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected, and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity. Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit, and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
We would like to welcome a Senior/Lead Electrical Engineer to join our Data Center team in Asia. Specific duties include:
- Managing electrical aspects in the project. Prepare technical reports, specifications and analyze technical investigation studies (i.e. site selection and due diligence, design peer reviews, etc.).
- Work closely with all engineering disciplines to develop coordinated, cost effective and well planned infrastructure.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the project teams, typically through multiple project, task, and/or functional managers. Experience of working with remote resource teams would be an advantage.
- Key focus areas of technical oversight include resource requirements, scope/schedule/sequence of project activities, client and/or team satisfaction, risk profile, ethics, quality, health/safety/environment, and financial performance of one or more projects.
- Participate in the QA/QC process in checking electrical design work and inter-discipline co-ordination.
- Represent the Company at technical meetings and lead discussions on Data Centre projects with Clients, Consultants and Contractors.
- Work in a team environment to deliver Jacobs’ regional Data Center strategy.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate you shall possess:
- Proven capability to manage a large Data Center project of high complexity.
- Experience in the delivery of projects from inception through engineering, construction, and commissioning in the capacity of project manager within electrical aspects.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a design consultancy environment, including a minimum of 3 years of Data Center project experience.
- Ability to converse in both English and Japanese (written and verbal) as will interface with Clients in Japan most of the time
- BEng or BSc in Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer / Professional Engineer
- Membership in a professional body
- Project Management Professional PMP would be an added advantage
Jacobs. A world where you can.