Transportation affects every aspect of daily life, no matter where you are in the world! Jacobs is made up of a team of multi-disciplinary rail experts who work on complex projects around the globe. We’re driven by the extraordinary as well as the seemingly mundane, working with our partners to make the world more connected and more sustainable for everyone.
- Oversee technical aspects of railway signalling and train control design and implementation
- Undertake signalling design on projects, including liaising with client and contractors to ensure that signalling is fully integrated into the overall scheme
- Carry out formal inter-disciplinary design reviews with other Jacobs design teams
- Undertake, review and ensure full compatibility of design work with appropriate standards also carry out liaison with other team members working on various design elements of the projects
- Develop and deliver cost effective solutions to meet the client requirements
- Contribute to or lead marketing efforts and bidding efforts
- Support to ongoing development of the systems team
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in railway signalling
- Experience in the delivery of railway system projects including review of contractor’s design submissions, interface management of signalling and train control to other railway systems
- Experience in signalling design management
- Strong communication skills including writing comments, and managing stakeholder/customer relations
- Ability to author design and presentation documents
- Member of recognized learned society and/or professional engineering association.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.