Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments — from buying a home or a car to sending a child to college to growing a business by connecting with new customers — we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 17,800 people operating across 44 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help all our clients maximize every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
The Senior Support Analyst role is a key member of the Global Product Support (GPS) team for supporting both On-Premise PowerCurve products as well as SaaS product and services on the ‘Experian One (E1) cloud platform’ including Decision Analytics and ID&F (Identity and Fraud) products.
The GPS team is also part of the E1 Support Centre working closely with Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and regional support teams globally and other resolver groups, to ensure tickets (incidents and problems) are owned, correctly prioritised, followed up and resolved within SLA.
This role will report to the GPS Manager. Responsibilities for this role includes:
- Providing 3rd level technical support to troubleshoot, analyse, define and implement solutions relating to bug/issues reported by client.
- Debug, fix and write code to address software bugs, and be prepared to plan and deliver the hot fixes/patches to clients.
- Coordinate to deliver Hot Fixes/Service Packs including functional and security fixes to comply with Global Security standards
- Mentor and guide junior and new members in the team
- Provide professional and efficient level of service in accordance with Service Level of Agreement.
- Write knowledge base articles to speed up resolution of repeated incidents.
- Resolution of E1 issues, typically, working with regional and global teams to ensure tickets are triaged, owned, progressed and resolved within SLA. This includes leading swarming with regional teams and global experts to resolve complex issues. The swarming model is a collaboration model which prioritises client experience and faster resolutions of incidents by getting the right people to work on issue together as quickly as possible
- Investigation of issues, including trying to reproduce the issue if required. This will typically be tickets related to base software/product and use case solution issues;
- Raising of Problem tickets and driving Problem resolution within Global
- Analysis and troubleshooting of base software/product issues, escalating any defects to GSG Engineering (Development) teams for defects under Experian One
- Proactively diagnose and deep dive on /deep dive on errors and/or underlying issues highlighted in daily transaction reporting based on logs
- Contribute to Root Cause Analysis for issues and problems ensuring they are managed to resolution and improvements are implemented
- Ensure best practice for end to end support of tickets for activated and live clients including efficient application of the swarming model and maintenance of the support runbook as a single point of reference across all regions and global. This includes recommend process and service improvements
- Ownership and management of knowledge base relating to incidents/issues based on the Knowledge centred service (KCS) principles
- Other general responsibilities include:
- Managing backlog of tickets, ensuring that they are resolved and closed within the agreed SLAs and in accordance to ITSM (Service Management) principle
- Analysis and troubleshooting of issues including trying to reproduce the issue where applicable. This may include contacting reporters (typically from the regional team), who logged the issue to elicit further information
- As product specialists drive resolution of key product issues
- Set up and/or participate in swarms to ensure tickets can be quickly resolved with the right experts within global, regions or other resolver groups
- Working with the development engineering teams on software and product issues
- Handling a range of technical cases at any one time at all different complexities
- Documenting solution and producing knowledge articles on resolution steps and procedures
You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and skilled team of IT Java enthusiastic and professional who built the products for decision analytics from Originations, Strategy Management and Customer Management. You will be getting involved in multiple technical platforms, IT integration technologies such as MQ and web services as well as JAVA open sources technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on software development and/or support experience
- Experience developing applications using
- Java programming standards and methodologies
- Open-source technologies such as IntelliJ, bitbucket, Jenkins etc
- Experience of at least one major database system (Oracle, MS SQL server) with good understanding of SQL.
- Experience and knowledge of multi operating system such as Unix, Linux, windows server 2003/2008
- Exposure to multi-level security such as Citrix, Active Directory domain, etc is a plus
- Experience of cloud computing technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, AWS) and monitoring and alerting tools such as Splunk and Dynatrace
Knowledge in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Service Now and/or Jira ticket management systems
- ITIL certification/ITSM (IT Service Management) experience to align IT services with the needs of the business
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours. From India, across Asia to Japan and down to Australia, our 1800 people are what make our business special. Experian's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, development, innovation, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... That's why we're an award winning organisation for our people-first practices, something we’re very proud of.