Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
- Being responsible for developing, evaluating and documenting of systems, vendors, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable platform and product specifications.
- Execute and document testing for a variety of data network design solutions in a lab environment prior to entrance into production data networks
- Analyze and compare test results to expected outcomes and debug as required to perform root cause analyses
- Liaise with various internal functions across Equinix and external vendors to fulfill documented requirements and drive expected outcomes
- Participate in requirements analysis, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, systems integration and test (verification) in the development and evaluation of networks systems.
- Develop system documentation on both new and fielded information systems.
- Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses.
- Define and execute test plans.
- Report defects found in testing and work with internal teams and external partners to characterize and drive defects to root cause.
- Report test progress with status updates in a predictable and timely manner.
- Perform both new functionality and regression tests; identify, analyze and report issues for follow-up.
- Create new or improve upon existing procedures and/or playbooks.
- Develop and apply change control methodologies to maintain lab integrity to ensure an optimized environment for thorough, accurate and expedient testing as well as testing associated with production environment trouble resolution
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in a network design environment gained in an ISP or telco environment
- In-depth experience of network architecture and capacity planning, utilizing BGP/ISIS/MPLS/EVPN
- Understanding of hardware and software performance and scaling limitations
- good Linux/UNIX skills and knowledge of scripting or programming languages and tools (bash, perl, python, Netconf/yang, git)
- Extensive experience in usage of automated test set usage ideally for Spirent and/or Ixia
- minimum of five years’ experience in the handling of router CLIs (Junos, SROS,EOS)
- knowledge in network monitoring tools, ideally Zabbix
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A reliable, structured, and independent way of working
- Strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and judgment skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- Understanding of system testing and test methodologies
- Able to operate in stressful situations with time-bound deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications or related field
- 4-year BS/BA degree in computer science, networking, IT, or related field.
- Minimum of (5) years of network design engineering experience