At Jacobs, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their various facilities that are changing our world.
Our talented experts create exceptional spaces across the world through our creative blending of human need, environmental stewardship, value creation, science and art. We believe that built environments should reflect the context, history, cultures, communities, and the natural environment while incorporating advances in technology.
We would like to welcome you to be part of our Engineering team in Singapore as a Senior Mechanical Engineer. In general, the position will focus in providing technical support particularly in mechanical engineering for the Singapore Office and more generally to the Asia Region; working with the Mechanical Lead in the business development and marketing of the Group capabilities; and manage project inputs and ensure the project budget and controls are in place.
- Work closely with the Mechanical Lead the candidate should be self-disciplined and able to work independently;
- Ensure that consistent quality standards and conformance with design plans / specifications are maintained across the project and coordination with Principal / Senior Mechanical engineers to ensure consistency across the project;
- To engage with clients to understand needs and wants and interpret these into the designs, with compliance to relevant Local Building Codes and international standards where required;
- To help prepare proposal and bids;
- To engage with drafting and design staff to fulfil deliverables;
- To attend to project meeting with Client, PM and Consultants from other disciplines;
- To attend site project meeting and site inspection, and respond to technical queries;
- Understand and follow plans, procedures, workflows, systems and tools to meet specific project requirements;
- Liaise and coordinate relevant technical issues with other disciplines;
- Attend and take records of meetings, discussions with clients, contractors, vendors and provide input into technical discussions;
- Write technical reports and specifications;
- Support site supervision and plant commissioning activities when required.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline recognized by PEB Singapore;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Singapore; have some relevant experience to be able to perform engineering tasks on the mechanical services detailed design (including calculations, computer simulations, specifications etc.) for process plant and building projects;
- Excellent in both written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working with BIM and 3D models would be an added advantage.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, ability to think logically and write technical documents with clarity;
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and exercise initiatives;
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.