Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As one of the world’s most value resources, our team is solving some of the world’s most complex water issues. Whether it’s treating, distributing, or storing water, Jacobs reaches across boundaries and collaborates to successfully deliver customized innovative solutions. We provide you the means and tools to work on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects to grow your career and help protect this valuable resource. Our collaborative and flexible teams work across diverse markets and geographies delivering bespoke solutions to our clients’ most complex problems through a combination of significant experience and expertise and leading-edge technology – ensuring we deliver on tomorrow, together.
The Hydrology/Hydraulic Engineer will have a sound knowledge and experience in sewerage, drainage modelling, river modelling, and clean water modelling. Coastal modelling would be an added advantage. You will undertake hydrology and hydraulic modelling, identify, and pursue opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation and contribute to business development opportunities. In addition, you will be attending meetings with key staff to improve and develop the hydrology and hydraulic design for better implementation of the projects.
- Meet commercial outcomes by managing own hours and budgets, and where applicable hours and budgets of team members as well as involved in reporting and monitoring of project financial performance.
- Maintain technical and non-technical skills in line with personal and professional institution accreditation requirements and Jacobs’ business needs.
- Able to directly liaise with clients in a confident manner and lead meetings with clients, build relation with client in a consultancy business, develop business and secure new opportunities with existing and new clients
- Be responsible for implementing Jacobs QA procedures and Client QA requirements.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
You will have the following;
- With a bachelor’s degree in Civil/ Structural from a Reputable University
- Experience in using GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS etc
- Innovyze CS/ICM software would be an advantage, not necessarily mandatory
- Knowledge in UK water industry would be an added advantage
- Comply with Jacobs and Client safety practices
- Safety plans in place for all projects undertaken
- Team player with good inter-personal & communication skills and experience in developing and mentoring other staff
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, responsive attitude, professional rigour and ability to adhere to budget and program
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.