Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity.
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Our Transportation Department is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with the following responsibilities:
- Lead in managing underground infrastructure projects including tunnel-related technical matters and construction works of projects with our clients and contractors.
- Manage and lead team of engineers to oversee the geotechnical engineering design and related activities.
- Review detailed design reports, calculations, drawings and construction sequence..etc.
- Review submissions to statutory agencies/ local authorities.
- Participate in meetings & visit project sites to understand project challenges and constraints.
- Participate in the tendering of projects.
- Work with fellow consultants and external parties to facilitate the smooth progress of projects.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others, establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Assume responsibilities and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Undertakes continuous learning and improvement, apply new skills, techniques, and methodologies.
- Learn to be knowledgeable with company’s functions, systems, processes and solutions.
- Assisting the design and documentation delivery processes of the business in Singapore and throughout the Asian Region.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to sub-ordinate engineers.
- Professional representation of the company during the course of business.
- Follow the policies and procedures of the company’s documented Quality System
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Degree in Civil/ Geotechnical Engineering or similar, recognized by the Professional Engineers Board or qualification acceptable to the Commissioner of Building Control. Candidates with PE (Geo) qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Significant experience in project and design management of geotechnical works, in a multi-disciplinary underground structure and tunnels related projects
- Experience in other similar underground infrastructure construction environments in a senior position would be advantageous.
- Hands-on experience in overseeing the design of all aspects of geotechnical engineering including earth retaining structures (ERSS), slope stability, deep excavation, settlement analysis, building impact assessment, instrumentation & monitoring, foundation, temporary and permanent structures.
- Ability to identify potential risks and issues that will delay construction and provide recommendations and mitigation solutions.
- Ability to work in multi-discipline teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present technical information, both written and verbally, in a concise and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Familiar with authorities’ submission requirements for civil/infrastructure engineering projects.
- Conversant with Local and International Design Codes and Standards such as Euro Codes, British and American Codes for Civil Structural design.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.