Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we see the world as our greatest resource. That’s why clients trust Jacobs to help solve their most complex environmental challenges and opportunities. We partner with government agencies, municipalities, private sector companies and leading environmental organisations to safely clean-up legacy liabilities for redevelopment, and deliver proven industry expertise on new infrastructure, sustainability and environmental health and safety initiatives around the globe.
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Our Asia Environmental Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join our team in Singapore. The main duties:
- Independently manage construction phase Environmental Management and Monitoring Plan (EMMP) for major infrastructure projects.
- Conduct site inspection to identify environmental issues and noncompliances.
- Provide recommendations to improve the site's environmental performance.
- Liaise with client and contractors on implementing the recommended measures, correction measures
- Prepare and/or review technical report of the EMMP projects in Singapore
- Presenting the technical reports to the client and local Government agencies. Liaise with client and Local Authorities on the acceptance of the EMMP report.
- Provide technical inputs to a team of environmental engineers for EIA/EMMP projects
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate you shall possess:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Environment or related engineering/science discipline
- Registered Environmental Control Officer
- Minimum 8 years of experience in managing construction phase EMMP preferred due to the nature of work
- Strong communication skills and ability to guide a team of technical professionals to complete the tasks
- Good presentation skills and strong report writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills as lead consultant liaising with contractors, clients and local Authorities and Project Stakeholders
- Singapore local experience and familiar with Singapore legal and authorities’ requirements for environmental impact assessments, environmental management and monitoring planning and Pollution Control requirements
- Proficiency in using GIS software will be an added advantage.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.