Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Leadership Development Program
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
As a Technical Architect in the Microsoft Technology Center, you will be working at the forefront of Microsoft innovation, helping customers create and implement a vision and strategy for their digital transformation. You will be an integral part of their transformation journey, challenging their ways of thinking and helping them realize and adopt the benefits of our Cloud. Part of a world-wide community of exceptional peers, you’ll have access to the latest software and hardware, and you’ll be given the time and budget to develop as a globally influential technical leader.
Our network of global Microsoft Technology Centers (MTC) are premium customer-facing and remote-delivery facilities built to help enterprise and strategic customers solve their business challenges through innovative cross-workload solutions. We accelerate our customers’ digital transformation by capitalizing on the changing needs of our customers and the new business opportunities of tomorrow.
Based at your facility location (or at home, according to COVID site status / government guidance), you will prepare and deliver technical engagements to enterprise customers. These include strategy briefings, architecture design sessions, building of rapid prototypes, workshops, and hackathons.
· Using your technical knowledge, architectural approach, consultancy skills and our methodology to win a customer’s technical decision to buy and use Microsoft solutions and cloud services.
· The nature of complex customer opportunities which come to the MTC necessitates taking a cross-solution view to leverage capabilities across the entire Microsoft cloud platform; and are rarely limited to a single technology solution.
· You will work collaboratively with account teams to determine the best engagements for a given opportunity to maximize customer benefit and accelerate deals success.
· You will use your technical knowledge to show customers an inspiring digital vision, across all Microsoft workloads, as well as deeper engagement in your core technology specialism.
· You will make this digital vision real using the architecture skills of you and your peers to provide a complete solution. · You will map the agreed customer vision into a strategy for implementation, resolving concerns, removing technical blockers, and validating a strong business case for investment.
· You will work with the customer, wider account team resources and our partners to orchestrate a roadmap for implementation.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and cloud solutions based on Microsoft technology:
· Articulate the possibilities of Microsoft Azure with emphasis on data services including databases; analytics; machine learning; artificial intelligence; internet-of-things, and business intelligence.
· Accelerate the customer’s digital transformation journey using Microsoft’s Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Cognitive Services, and ML/AI platform.
· Apply deep technical knowledge and customer insights to create modern data architectures that provides increased agility in meeting the demands of the customer’s business.
· Articulate the possibilities of the Microsoft Azure Cloud with specific emphasis on data and AI services including Databases, Data Lakes,
· Guide business and technical decision makers on creating business value on top of the Azure platform through Architect Design Sessions, Ideation, Workshops, and Rapid Prototyping.
· The opportunity to deliver speaking engagements evangelizing the Microsoft data platform in business conferences.
· Guide business and technical decision makers on creating business value on top of the Azure platform through Architect Design Sessions, Ideation, Workshops, and Rapid Prototyping. Synthesize business and technical architecture requirements.
· Serve as the as a deep technical expert in Azure Infrastructure space with a specific focus on Data Center Migration, Networking, Backup/Recovery, Infrastructure as Code, DevOps, and Security, Governance and Compliance within regulated industries for the regional sales teams.
· Design and develop industry and platform experiences and demonstrations that leverage both hardware and software to educate, illuminate and inspire customers.
· Show the value of the Azure operations platform and GitHub for planning, building, deploying, and operating Azure environments and services through automation.
· The opportunity to deliver speaking engagements evangelizing Azure in business conferences.
8+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 6+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 4+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.