What you will do
The R&D Senior Engineering Manager Provides day-to-day administrative and technical guidance to a small group of mechanical product engineers to accomplish broad, but specific Mechanical engineering projects and report to the Director within Water Mechanical R&D. You will be leading mechanical engineers who develops fire suppression equipment for a variety of applications and industries. As a Senior Engineering Manager you will be the lead and follow a defined stage-gate process to develop innovative solutions for new or improved products. You will interface with many internal functional departments and external resources as required for product development from project idea phase to product launch.
How you will do it
- Helps Engineers to create detailed product functional specifications using the inputs from sales, product management, and the voice of the customer and verifies with Senior Management.
- Determine timelines and budgets for completion of engineering tasks within the product development process.
- Leads group of engineers to Develop product design concepts, lead prototype generation, and coordinate design and product verification testing.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures and Engages team into Continuous Process Improvements.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Work with third party approval agencies to develop and execute testing programs to obtain the required approvals.
- Communicate with program management to identify roadblocks and mitigation plans to maintain schedule and budget commitments.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing.
- 15+ years’ overall experience in the field of mechanical engineering and project management.
- 6+ years’ experience in managing the group of engineers directly.
- 8+ years’ experience in fire suppression product design and development.
- Expert knowledge of fire suppression products, applications, and regulatory requirements.
- Proven technical skills in the field of Mechanical Engineering (Past Patents & Projects success stories will be added advantage).
- Proposing and managing budgets for NPI & Sustaining projects.
- Supervising the work of cross functional teams during project execution.
- Check ME deliverables of NPI process and ensure achievement of quality standards.
- Determining the need for training and talent development.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability.
- Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams
- Hire engineers as per needs defined on staffing forecast.
- Review mechanical engineering staff performance periodically.
- Coach jobs, counsel on career and develop team members.
- Support methodical root cause analysis and resolve non-compliance in part performance.
- Develop needed infrastructure to ensure Mechanical Engineering Competency.
- Experience with a stage-gate product development process.
- Understanding of process methods and tools such as DFMEA, DVP&R, DOE, risk analysis.
- Ability for occasional travel.
- Proficiency of MSOffice, MS Project, PTC Creo and Windchill.